CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

RBG is barely going to increase from last week despite double the theaters. That's disappointing.

It already opened in the markets where it was bound to do the best in last weekend.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

DP2 - DP1 had Valentine's Day + President's Day boost, which means that the Sunday hold (and maybe even Saturday boost) would inevitably be much better than what DP2's will end up being; otherwise DP2 would break the record easily if the two movies were in the same situation. DP2 could be doing better, but as an R-rated comedy sequel superhero tentpole without those boosts that DP1 played with, it's not bad to be a little under the 1st one.

IW - In the face of direct competition that is opening over 120M + taking away all the premium formats (IMAX/4DX/etc.), low 50%'s is only outright bad if you were certain about it going sub-50%.

Get the context or are you still gonna be obtuse about this? :)

Lol 

we know the first opened on a holiday. The OD should’ve been much bigger for the sequel. 

Truly successful sequels increase on the originals in total. Let’s see.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I said earlier (despite my meltdowns) that I would rather have a good movie than it have a good OW. Ideally I'd want both but if I had to choose I'd definitely want a quality film. Fox 100% delivered on that so I can't complain in that regard :) 

VagueNearAyeaye-max-1mb.gif

Answer: FUCK YOU FOX. Hurry, The Feige. 

EDIT: This film is bold and was NEEDED to be bold so it'd set the tone and that there's no limit if Deadpool is going to be part of the MCU. I want that to happen, so very much thanks and kudos to Fox for allowing that to happen. Fuck them on their terrible release strategy tho. 

Edited by ZattMurdock

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I kinda get the sense youre trying to troll here. Comedy sequels, especially R-Rated ones, tend to decline from their predecessors, no matter the reception. Add to that the fact that the first one made 363M, a HUGE amount of money and the fact that its OW was heavily inflated which was pointed out by several people already. Matching the first one was never all that likely. Opening on par with it is a great success and nothing else and i say this as someone who really hoped for a 150M+ debut.

I’m not trying to troll.

when is the low end and <5 more than original good. What if IW did that compared to Ultron?!

People are being protective.

I enjoyed Deadpool 2, enjoyed it much more than IW, but be real. 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Lol 

we know the first opened on a holiday. The OD should’ve been much bigger for the sequel. 

Truly successful sequels increase on the originals in total. Let’s see.

Not a lot of sequels increase when the first made 350+ million.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

@filmlover what did you post? When too many posts are made at once and a new page is created, one post can get lost.

I said RBG was already released in the markets that it was always going to do the best in last weekend, so it's no real surprise it didn't see much of a increase this weekend.

Just now, filmlover said:

@Krissykins calm yourself. You're acting like this pulled a Ted 2 and flopped completely when it didn't. lol.

Definitely not a flop! 

But still, not a significant increase over the original, expected $150m easily (also the high end of industry tracking)

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I heard this was a reasonable and calm thread

And this is just the beginning of the lead up to Memorial weekend :Venom:

• Sad 1