baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Your saltiness along with your Avatar is so funny lol :lol:

About a year from now Blanks will try to sneak in as an aside in a post that he finally saw Solo and he liked it.

I will be ready.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, CJohn said:

Don't worry, June 22 is coming to give us the next super bomb in a mega franchise.

How should i put this...

Spoiler

NO. YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU TRULY ARE TRASH

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I wonder if anyone is going to talk about anything besides how bad solo is doing. I mean the forums have been talking about this over and over and over again for the last 10 days.

Will Deadpool 2 recover this weekend? Will Adrift be able to drift away from Infinity War? Will Book Club be able to read its way to $10M? Will Action Point be one of the biggest bombs ever?

Find out this and so much more on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

How should i put this...

Hide contents

NO. YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU TRULY ARE TRASH

:)

Half of your post is correct.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

When Fallen Kingdom opens with 110-130M brains will explode in the weekend thread.

If that happens, then this summer is truly trash. Is everything gonna under perform?

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

When Fallen Kingdom opens with 110-130M brains will explode in the weekend thread.

130M would actually not be that bad of a number objectively. Could leg it out to 400M with great WOM. 110M would be disastrous though. The OS performance of FK will be more important for the movie anyway.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Fallen Kingdom opens overseas starting next week.  In fact, the US will be one of the last markets that the movie opens in.  Really bad from an opening weekend BO because word's gonna get out pretty quickly whether Fallen Kingdom is any good or not.

Edited by L Silverman

If Solo falls that much, it could mean that the "It's a bomb!" bad buzz (even on late night shows and entertainment news) is overwhelming any possible good word-of-mouth for the GA. Because most people who watched it seem to like it.

But let's see if it can recover to some degree.

• Thanks 1

Just now, L Silverman said:

Fallen Kingdom opens overseas starting next week.  In fact, the US will be one of the last markets that the movie opens in.  Really bad from an opening weekend BO because word's gonna get out pretty quickly whether Fallen kingdom is any good or not.

Its only bad when the movie sucks. If its good, it wont be damaging at all.

Sensing at 160-165 OW for JW2 if not more. Hoping for 170-175 if not more. Fingers crossed 180-185 if not more. Maybe 190-195 if not more ........... AIW if not more.

JW2 20 + 50 (2.5x) + 52.5 (+5%) + 40.0 (-24%) = 162.5 OW (70 OD)

JW1 18 + 64 (3.6x) + 69.6 (+9%) + 57.2 (-18%) = 208.8 OW (82 OD)

Will take 160-165.