Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh I think A24 market digitally only too do they not? 

Yup. The marketing budget was somewhere in the single digits. So relatively inexpensive. I think they also sold overseas rights like they do with most of their films. So they are making a profit of this movie already. 

2 minutes ago, REC said:

IW continues to do fantastic numbers.  I still think its gonna manage to squeek past TFA, the foreign numbers are great.

Considering it hasn't topped 2B yet and TFA is another 68m beyond that I doubt it - only did 10M OS this weekend and with World Cup about to kick off as well as the continued expansion of JWFK and Incredibles 2 the gas just doesn't appear to be there.

Of course I would love to be wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, narniadis said:

Considering it hasn't topped 2B yet and TFA is another 68m beyond that I doubt it - only did 10M OS this weekend and with World Cup about to kick off as well as the continued expansion of JWFK and Incredibles 2 the gas just doesn't appear to be there.

Of course I would love to be wrong.

If it doesn't top TFA it comes in right behind it.  2.05b for sure

• Like 1

Just now, REC said:

IW continues to do fantastic numbers.  I still think its gonna manage to squeek past TFA, the foreign numbers are great.

I think it will miss by $20m 

International - China took a hit from JW.  With a reported $10.9m - about $6.5m of that is from China where JW2 opens this Friday

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

good for Solo.  just what it needs for topping 500 million worldwide

I assume this is sarcasm? Because its getting nowhere close to 500. Even 400 looks iffy if Japan disappoints. 

It made 11.2m OS this weekend versus 30.3 last weekenes which is a fall of nearly 63% thanks to jW2. 

Edited by ZeeSoh

6 minutes ago, REC said:

As much as I want this, passing TFA WW is a pipe dream. Max I see is 2.05B An absolutely insane no. in its own right. If the next Avengers movie also does 2B+, then the 4 Avengers movies would have done 7B+ WW with an average of more than 1.7B WW.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

good for Solo.  just what it needs for topping 500 million worldwide

You really think Solo is going to hit 500 WW when its barely at 312 right now?  I feel like it will be lucky to hit 415 at this rate.