sfran43

Monday's Numbers: Ocean 8 - $4.4M

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I think Avengers 4 will slightly decrease DOM but increase in just about every market OS. The lack of WC soccer alone will help improve its late legs OS.

:apocalypse:

• Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I'm with you. Hard to see where any new viewers would come from.

Home video & TV - maybe some from Captain Marvel.  Maybe in more repeat viewings.

Or most probably in ever expanding markets in Asia and L.A. where Marvel is at it's strongest. 

But so much depends on ER with O/S.  With Avengers 2012 ER AIW would have made at least a couple of hundred million more, more with Avatar's 2009 ER.

• Like 4

A4 has to make it feel like an event again, people need to feel the extreme hype. It really needs this, AOU didn't have the masive hype (it had hype just not SW7 lv or IW lv's) and A4 doesn't have a 3 year period for OS markets to grow. Because those markets helped soften the drop for AOU.

That said I do think A4 will have massive hype, don't think it will match IW thought. My guess would be $1.8B - $1.9B. 

Remember because IW was so big, a drop of only 3% would let the gross drop by $60m+

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Home video & TV - maybe some from Captain Marvel.  Maybe in more repeat viewings.

Or most probably in ever expanding markets in Asia and L.A. where Marvel is at it's strongest. 

But so much depends on ER with O/S.  With Avengers 2012 ER AIW would have made at least a couple of hundred million more, more with Avatar's 2009 ER.

The question though is will they get better. If they do it might increase in $ despite decreasing in €/£/¥.

With Avatar ER IW might have done 300M more, with Avengers ER like 200-250M.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

:apocalypse:

Hey, we didn't originate the term or slang

https://www.etymonline.com/word/soccer

soccer (n.)

1889, socca, later socker (1891), soccer (1895), originally university slang (with jocular formation -er(3)), from a shortened form of Assoc., abbreviation of association in Football Association (as opposed to Rugby football); compare rugger. An unusual method of formation, but those who did it perhaps shied away from making a name out of the first three letters of Assoc. Compare 1890s English schoolboy slang leccer, from lecture (n.).

10 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

The question though is will they get better. If they do it might increase in $ despite decreasing in €/£/¥.

With Avatar ER IW might have done 300M more, with Avengers ER like 200-250M.

No, my instinct tell me in a foreseeable next 2 years, the ER will stay as bad as they are now,   

Just now, titanic2187 said:

No, my instinct tell me in a foreseeable next 2 years, the ER will stay as bad as they are now,   

They aren't even as bad across the whole world at least £ and € recovered from their low points and CN¥ is quite similar to 2015.

17 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Well Cameron has a movie comming 2 years from now, ER will be better by then 😛