Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

*ahem*

no Disney film without superheroes over 250M until Lion King

*ahem*

Wait one month. 

Though I guess Tom Cruise basically is in the superhero category at this point.

Ok fine, wait one and a half months. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Frozen 2 is the only one of those I'm 100% sure on not hitting 600. All the others stand a chance at least. Fanbase is far too limited now to a certain demo and the gap is very awkward. Too long to really capitalize on the height of popularity, too soon to capitalize on nostalgia.  

But what if the other sister has fire powers

:ohmyzod:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Dory wasn’t as highly an anticipated sequel tho, the first film wrapped itself up without any loose ends.  The ending of Incredibles on the other hand is literal sequel bait.

I agreed that nobody really ask for Dory, but still, people get really hyped about It when they announce, so for me is a highly anticipated sequel... i mean, a movie that break all the animated records and gross almost $ 500M DOM has to be highly anticipated 

I also expect I2 to be more frontloaded than Dory because of the higher OW and the bait on the ending of TI, but not by much, probably around 3.3-3.4x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I agreed that nobody really ask for Dory, but still, people get really hyped about It when they announce, so for me is a highly anticipated sequel... i mean, a movie that break all the animated records and gross almost $ 500M DOM has to be highly anticipated 

This.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yup. Isn't going to have about the same legs as Guardians Vol. 2 and Ragnarok?

Fair bit better than Ragnarok and should end up in a dead heat with Vol. 2.

Thought it would act a bit more like AoU/CW but apparently the box office gods are dead set on ruining my Summer Game.

Just now, The Incredible Panda said:

Here's some movies that were highly anticipated over a long period of time and had great legs for their genres

The Force Awakens 

Black Panther

Finding Dory

The Avengers

The Dark Knight

Toy Story 3

TFA was during a holiday and absolutely none of the other ones are good comps to how awaited I2 was lmao.  I mean seriously, Black Panther and Avatar???  Dark Knight had a 3 year wait, how the fuck is that anywhere close to the 14 years it took until I2 came out?  FD and TS3 were both “unnecessary sequels,” I imagine there were some people who were on the fence about how they would turn out and wanted to wait to see how they were received before seeing it.  Avengers was highly anticipated by hardcore comic book fans I guess, but that made up a small percentage of ticket buyers let’s be real.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I also expect I2 to be more frontloaded than Dory because of the higher OW and the bait on the ending of TI, but not by much, probably around 3.3-3.4x

Well there was The Nutcracker in 3d which made 200k off a 90mil budget back in 2010

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yea there were a lot of ppl saying it wouldn't have good legs. Some ppl are just clueless.

Imagine if one had made a post saying that it could have a sub-2x multi. That'd look pretty silly!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I’ve seen it consistently on Pulse and MT’s top5 and @Porthos‘ sales reports look promising

giphy.gif

===

I mean, JW was justifiably famous for walkups, sure.  So it still has some hope.  And it's not like it's bombing overseas like a film dear to my heart I could mention but won't.

But...

Well you might be right.  But I still would think I would see some sign of stronger pre-sales, if only at the better theaters in town.  

But I've been wrong on movies many times this year, so just take my comments as worries/concerns and not proclamations from on high. ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Imagine if one had made a post saying that it could have a sub-2x multi. That'd look pretty silly!

Bro don't even get me started. Some clowns were saying auds would be mad cuz it was a Part 1??? Couldn't believe it

• Like 3