Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

11 minutes ago, narniadis said:

#animatedmoviesarentrealtomostoftheindustry

This is true in a lot ways, hiring & production process entirely different and that's the trades' bread & butter

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Ok that puts 180 on the table. (No, it wasn't there before, based on history.)

How can something actually happening could not have been on the table.... by definition a table to sustain the event must always been there (how drunk am I ?).

5e3.jpg

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Pretty sure it will collapse on Sunday once people realize it's not that great of a movie, and the brainwashing serum wears off.  :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 9
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

22 minutes ago, Chewy said:

This is true in a lot ways, hiring & production process entirely different and that's the trades' bread & butter

Interesting point, being a bit of old school/golden age Hollywood process, what kind of press could they ever generate, no movie star, employee people simply working somewhere, no on set drama, reshoot not being a concept here being part of the process, etc.... Animated movies must be really boring for trades and click bait.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think 180-185 is going to make this a very interesting race with IW, considering 3.7-3.8x is my expected multi for it. Fully expect WOM for this to be the kind we only see a few times a decade for a blockbuster. The fact that it already increased 11% from true Friday while something like Dory stayed flat is huge. Dory's multi was 3.6x and keep in mind  it had a massive direct competitor soon after with SLOP. I2 is basically sailing smooth until CR. 4x really can't be completely ruled out, though it would surprise me with such a high OW. 

• Like 5

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Dory's multi was 3.6x and keep in mind  it had a massive direct competitor soon after with SLOP. I2 is basically sailing smooth until CR.

Hang on, someone called Christmas with the Kranks direct competition for I1 yesterday, so JWFK has to qualify as well. Sicario too

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

59 is a great Saturday, honestly better than I expected based on Pixar comps. Incredibles is having an excellent, amazing performance. I do think that for a realistic shot at 100+ 2nd weekend (first US weekend of 2 100+ movies) we’d need actuals for Sat to come in just a couple million higher. 

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

No one tagged me about this historic AWiT surge and I had to find out about it in the club thread?

Only got one thing to say to some of you here:

BeIswMo.gif

I  was gonna tag you on it earlier when I was gonna stop by here, but server issues dawg. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

59 is a great Saturday, honestly better than I expected based on Pixar comps. Incredibles is having an excellent, amazing performance. I do think that for a realistic shot at 100+ 2nd weekend (first US weekend of 2 100+ movies) we’d need actuals for Sat to come in just a couple million higher. 

If it can manage to hit 185, then I'd say there's a slight chance IW's second weekend will go down. It won't dip below 100 next week with that opening. 

As mentioned, $59M for Saturday would be very strong considering both Finding Dory and Toy Story 3 stayed flat on Saturday compared to True Friday.

Looks like the weekend could look like this overall (or better if Father's Day buoys it even more - I'm just already surprised by the strong Sat):

THU: 18.5M

FRI: 53M

SAT: 59M (+11%)

SUN: 50M (-15%)

------------------

TOTAL: $180.5M

This would represent the 8th best opening weekend of all-time. Insane numbers! Shattering the previous animated film record.

Top Opening Weekends of All-Time & Share from Previews

Rank / Title / Opening Weekend Gross / Share of Opening Weekend from Previews/Midnights

1. Avengers: Infinity War — 257.7 million (15.1%)
  2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens — 248.0 million (23.0%)
  3. Star Wars: The Last Jedi — 220.0 million (20.5%)
  4. Jurassic World — 208.8 million (8.9%)
  5. Marvel’s The Avengers — 207.4 million (9.0%)
  6. Black Panther — 202.0 million (12.5%)
  7. Avengers: Age of Ultron — 191.3 million (14.4%)
  8. Incredibles 2 — 180.5 million (10.2%) - potential/projected gross
  9. Captain America: Civil War — 179.1 million (14.0%)
  10. Beauty and the Beast — 174.8 million (9.3%)
  11. Iron Man 3 — 174.1 million (9.0%)
  12. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 — 169.2 million (25.7%)
  13. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice — 166.0 million (16.7%)
  14. The Dark Knight Rises — 160.9 million (19.0%)
  15. The Dark Knight — 158.4 million (11.7%)
  16. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire — 158.1 million (16.0%)
  17. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story — 155.1 million (18.7%)
  18. The Hunger Games — 152.5 million (12.9%)
  19. Spider-Man 3 — 151.1 million (6.6%)
  20. Furious 7 — 147.2 million (10.7%)

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 5

For I2 to hit $100M on its 2nd weekend while matching the 46% 2nd weekend drop of FINDING DORY and TOY STORY 3, it would have to do $185M this weekend. Any lower and it needs a smaller drop. If the drop is bigger, it needs a bigger opening than that.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, aabattery said:

There's also been a few server issues. I haven't been able to get on for the last couple of hours.

26 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

More than six hours for me. Biggest case of forum blue balls in a while

The Screenslaver has turned his attention to the BO boards.

Image result for screenslaver speech incredibles 2

We count too much on box office to enjoy discussing them. We don't watch movies, we talk about them on forums. Why don't we live a little and actually go outside for once?

For real, the server issues have been horrific for me. Been trying to get on for the past 8 hours to no avail.

• Like 3