Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 hour ago, water said:

you guys realize awit would have done a respectable 120-130m if racism didn't exist right? it was sabotaged before it even came out, you can see that from the disproportionate dislikes on all its youtube videos

Lol at this excuse. “Racism”  does not prevent a movie from being a huge smash (case in point - Black Panther that has the 3rd highest DOM gross of all time.) AWIT BOMBED because it was a terrible movie directed by someone with no talent. It literally looks like a TV movie - why would anyone pay to see that? 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

While adults led the charge on Thursday and Friday, ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak shows that the under 25 set grew to 66% on Incredibles 2 with 18-24 repping 40% of the crowd, and 13-17 pulling in 26% of the crowd.

Why do people believe this stuff? According to these numbers, nobody under the age of 13 attended the movie which is just bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, water said:

there's a demonstrable trend of racist backlash against book characters being cast as poc in adaptations of those books. racist people tend to imagine the characters as being their own race and get mad when the character is different in the adaptation. i'm really not saying any new information

Well AWIT was already a TV movie with white people, so...

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Lol at this excuse. “Racism”  does not prevent a movie from being a huge smash (case in point - Black Panther that has the 3rd highest DOM gross of all time.) AWIT BOMBED because it was a terrible movie directed by someone with no talent. It literally looks like a TV movie - why would anyone pay to see that? 

this is why i shouldn't bother even trying. ava has "no talent" now lol. i love being right

10 minutes ago, water said:

me: racism was an effect on awit. them: can't deny an effect that doesn't exist.

Pretty sure he was saying that racism as an effect on AWIT didn't exist, which it didn't, but you do you 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, water said:

there's a demonstrable trend of racist backlash against book characters being cast as poc in adaptations of those books. racist people tend to imagine the characters as being their own race and get mad when the character is different in the adaptation. i'm really not saying any new information

Yes, who knew that Madeleine L'Engle was such a racist magnet.  All her fans, just racist, racist, racist.

Just now, Nova said:

Pretty sure he was saying that racism as an effect on AWIT didn't exist, which it didn't, but you do you 

how was it not an effect when countless people PERSONALLY said they weren't seeing the movie because they were against the race of the characters. why are you guys denying this??????????????????

8 minutes ago, water said:

this is why i shouldn't bother even trying. ava has "no talent" now lol. i love being right

I’d say making a 130m movie look like an episode of “Once Upon a time” qualifies as talentless. Also let’s not forget that AWIT was PANNED by critics - who have no problems praising black-led movies. Or was it a critical failure because of “muh racism” too?  

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’d say making a 130m movie look like an episode of “Once Upon a time” qualifies as talentless. Also let’s not forget that AWIT was PANNED by critics - who have no problems praising black-led movies. Or was it a critical failure because of “muh racism” too?  

Except Selma is proof Ava is not talentless, so?

Good directors have misfires all of the time, sometimes you start getting into production and things just don’t pan out, despite a clear vision and talent.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, water said:

how was it not an effect when countless people PERSONALLY said they weren't seeing the movie because they were against the race of the characters. why are you guys denying this??????????????????

Trolls saying they wont see a movie they wouldnt have seen anyway doesnt count. Its a kids movie based on a kids book, how many of those kids do you suppose read the book, wanted to see the movie, but were put off because they are racist?

Adults who read it as a child would be put off because it looked absolutely horrible.

Edited by GirafficPark

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Gnomeo and Juliet needs a re-release so Disney can finally get it over 100M.  I should make a petition.

Paramount will rerelease it and claim the $100M for themselves...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, water said:

That's probably true, the same as countless people being against Independence Day because it starred Will Smith.  The problem is using racism to explain away the poor performance of a film when other factors, namely it was just a badly made movie, were the primary causes of the movie bombing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, water said:

Then why did Black Panther made (almost) 700M DOM? :thinking:

AWIT bombed because wom was bad. Plain and simple.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Just now, GirafficPark said:

Trolls saying they wont see a movie they wouldnt have seen anyway doesnt count. Its a kids movie based on a kids book, how many of those kids do you suppose read the book, wanted to see the movie, but were put off because they are racist?

young kids don't often go to movies by themselves. adults in their lives take them, or don't take them. i give up on this discussion though. if you guys think that no one skipped the movie because they were racist i can't change your minds apparently. we're just on different wavelengths because what you guys are claiming is inconceivable to me, sorry. anyway, my original point was just that yes disney had to fudge it from 95m to 100m, but that small amount could also have been made up for in other ways besides the movie being better quality. bye

7 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Presales for Incredibles 2 ("I2") in China for next Friday (OD) doesn't look so good. 

Just like what many critics pointed out I2 lacked the emotional factor. This is an important factor that allowed Coco to do so well in China.. as well as the reason for the surprise multiplier of Wonder and A Dog's purpose in China BO.

I am sure I2 will do well in China, but the numbers may not be amazing.

A lot of Pixar films flopped in China despite being 'emotional.'

2 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

Except Selma is proof Ava is not talentless, so?

Good directors have misfires all of the time, sometimes you start getting into production and things just don’t pan out, despite a clear vision and talent.

A small budget film that any movie student could pull off LO.   It takes TALENT to make a big budget blockbuster - much more things to keep track off. She should stick to indie flicks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

That's probably true, the same as countless people being against Independence Day because it starred Will Smith.  The problem is using racism to explain away the poor performance of a film when other factors, namely it was just a badly made movie, were the primary causes of the movie bombing.

except for the MILLIONTH time i am not using it to explain the poor performance. that's down to the quality of the movie. i'm saying it would have made a BIT more. jesus