Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

18 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

This place will be a bloodbath next weekend. Even if I2 doesn't win, it will undoubtedly sap audiences from JW2. Might even be on top the weekend after. 

I'd give that a 90% chance at happening.

As for the next non Disney/Universal 1B grosser, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen until Avatar. Maaaaaaaaaaaybe Jumanji 2 if it's a 2019 release. Wonder Woman won't do it when OS was less than DOM last time

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

So I'm just curious, after everyone was getting wet with a $200m+ opening just by going off previews, how satisfied is everyone with $180? I personally think that's amazing, much more than I expected honestly. Forum just gets a bit overzealous too early sometimes.

• Like 1

So O8 is performing on par with Ghostbusters. People prematurely proclaimed it a great success last week. I doubt there'll be a sequel. The budget is lower, but the back end must be higher with such big stars in the cast. Meh

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

So I'm just curious, after everyone was getting wet with a $200m+ opening just by going off previews, how satisfied is everyone with $180? I personally think that's amazing, much more than I expected honestly. Forum just gets a bit overzealous too early sometimes.

It's.......

Spoiler

so high

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

200 million seemed like a stretch to me (no pun intended?) from the Friday numbers, it would need constant updating like Black Panther. 180 is amazing and nobody can be disappointed in it. 

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

DOM maybe a question mark, Annapurna and MGM haven’t marketed a big blockbuster themselves in a while.

Yes, a lot of us disliked Pets but the first had strong legs and an unexpectedly big OW. I think OS will likely eat it up as well. Something like DM3 Numbers seems right for it.

The target audience loved Pets DOM, as evidenced by a strong 3.55x multi off a huge OW. Only reason it will decrease big is because of all the competition next summer. So yeah, your DM3 comp sounds about right. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

So O8 is performing on par with Ghostbusters. People prematurely proclaimed it a great success last week. I doubt there'll be a sequel. The budget is lower, but the back end must be higher with such big stars in the cast. Meh

It still hasn't been released in a lot of OS markets yet and will probably make 3x the budget. I imagine another one happens, but they might have to bring back some of the original cast to sustain interest.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do think if WB wants to give Wonder Woman 1984 more breathing room, they should move it to November 15th or 22nd but TBH I wouldn't be shocked if they just give it early OS release to get the upper hand from Universal and MGM. 

A Wonder Woman movie won’t get the upper hand over the last Craig Bond movie overseas no matter when WB releases it.

Since we are talking about non-Disney 1 billion WW films before avatar 2, the only one that seems to have a very good chance (almost a lock) is SM:H 2 coming off the heels of A4 . The first homecoming did the dirty work of re-establishing spider man after the atrocious ASM movies and homecoming 2 will be hot next summer increasing substantially both in U.S and worldwide.

Bond 25 has a good chance too.

Edited by Thrylos 7

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It still hasn't been released in a lot of OS markets yet and will probably make 3x the budget. I imagine another one happens, but they might have to bring back some of the original cast to sustain interest.

I wouldn't be shocked if Soderbergh is director for Ocean's 9. OS wise, it'll do a lot better than Ghostbusters.

Edited by Jonwo

10 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

A little disappointed but I'll take $180 which is more than most of the people around here were predicting.

I wonder if Disney is going to dust off those old ride plans for The Incredibles and build it now. It's insane that it had no theme park presence until this year, and even the new ride is just an overlay of California Screamin.

1 minute ago, The Incredible Panda said:

I think Pets 2 could outgrows TS4.  Unlike I2, TS4 is a sequel nobody asked for.

Agreed. My guess for Pets 2 is Again $270M/$1B whereas TS4 is $300M/$850M.

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Since we are talking about non-Disney 1 billion WW films before avatar 2, the only one that seems to have a very good chance (almost a lock) is SM2:H 2 coming off the heels of A4 . The first homecoming did the dirty work of re-establishing spider man after the atrocious ASM movies and homecoming 2 will be hot next summer increasing substantially both in U.S and worldwide.

Bond 25 has a good chance too.

Bond 25 depends on DOM, Homecoming 2 also has a great chance, but I’m a bit leery on DOM. Facing The Lion King and Hobbs and Shaw back to back may hurt, but I think it’ll benefit from the lack of action tentpoles. MIB depending on quality might have a very small chance to surprise ($1B won’t happen but maybe $700M). Hobbs and Shaw could be a candidate due to China.

• Like 1