sfran43

Thursday's Numbers: I2 - $16.33M

18 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Disney/Pixar’s Incredibles 2 in early figures this morning grossed $16.2M yesterday, -18% for a week’s take of $269.3M.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-opening-weekend-box-office-1202415529/

First bad number for I2 relatively speaking. @baumer may win his under 87.5M I2 2nd weekend bet. The force is with him with this thursday number.

That I2 number is horrible, 7% below Dory. It's not living up to that A+ CS and seems to be performing more like a superhero sequel than an animated sequel. Which means it's going to have much better Friday and Saturday jumps than Dory (it has to, otherwise we'd be looking at ~68m,  63%+ drop) but I still don't see it going much higher than $80m. 

On the other hand, Jurassic World's number seems rather good to me. After the doom and gloom about low presales, that number pretty much guarantees $125m+.

1 hour ago, Agafin said:

On the other hand, Jurassic World's number seems rather good to me. After the doom and gloom about low presales, that number pretty much guarantees $125m+.

That 15M in previews means its 2-3M above initial estimates iirc and just a little below its predecessor. I still don't know why some were so sure in saying it would have a sub 100M opening weekend, But we'll see I guess. This movie will likely have a lot more walk-ups though. 

1 hour ago, Agafin said:

That I2 number is horrible, 7% below Dory. It's not living up to that A+ CS and seems to be performing more like a superhero sequel than an animated sequel. Which means it's going to have much better Friday and Saturday jumps than Dory (it has to, otherwise we'd be looking at ~68m,  63%+ drop) but I still don't see it going much higher than $80m. 

Gotta hurt I2, losing all its IMAX/PLF, right?

1 minute ago, BugsBunny said:

Gotta hurt I2, losing all its IMAX/PLF, right?

Disney didn't have some kind of two week deal to keep their IMAX? Not surprised JW took it, but I thought they'd try to hold that a little longer.