Nova

Wednesday Numbers from Asagard 2: JW2 11.4, I2 9.4, The Purge 9.2 (we think..cryptic post by AS2)

Wait a minute.

JW2 is having great holds.

But...but...people said to me it would have afwul WOM and miss 400M surely (im looking at a certain user here, but also at @CJohn).

:hahaha:

Oh its so great to be a Jurassic Park fan, especially since 2015. It truly is. The movies weve gotten are awesome and their box office is too :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

CINEMASCORES

The Purge: Election Year (2016) - B+

The Purge: Anarchy (2014) - B

The Purge (2013) - C

Saw II (2005) - B+

Saw III (2006) - B

Saw IV (2007) - B

Saw V (2008) - C

Saw VI (2009) - B

Saw 3D: The Final Chapter (2010) - B-

Jigsaw (2017) - B

Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) - B

Paranormal Activity 3 (2011) - C+

Paranormal Activity 4 (2012) - C

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014) - C-

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension (2015) - C

Edited by dVmatrixmathi5xdU
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Wait a minute.

But...but...people said to me it would have afwul WOM and miss 400M surely (im looking at a certain user here, but also at @CJohn).

Oh its so great to be a Jurassic Park fan, especially since 2015. It truly is. The movies weve gotten are awesome and their box office is too :)

It will miss the 400M tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Let me guess? You hated the movie, right? Isn’t it why you want it to miss $400M. If it’s ”yes”....then we cannot help you. :gold:

It is one of my favorite blockbusters of the year.

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

@baumer I don't remember if it was the Tuesday thread or the tracking thread but yesterday there was someone trying to explain how JW2 stops at 350m.... so yes, we still have those people on the board. 

As for my repeated comments about todays drops, history on this forum reminds me that people react first to the numbers (the % +/-) and then only after cooling down consider the calender and other factors. Maybe this holiday will be different but considering the crazy OMG LOOK AT THE LEGS that have been going on due to the holiday, I doubt it. 

Next week when everything is off 50%+ week over week the complainers will be back. 

Wow!  I had no idea people were actually saying it would stop at 350, this late into its run.  It's going to be at around 335-340 by Sunday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, dVmatrixmathi5xdU said:

CINEMASCORES

The Purge: Election Year (2016) - B+

The Purge: Anarchy (2014) - B

The Purge (2013) - C

A B- isn't terrible for a horror movie, but compared to the last two entries, this isn't good when the franchise is frontloaded.

8 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

The Cinemascore system simply does not work with horror films or horror film fans are some of the most discerning film fans anywhere. Maybe it’s both.

I think it shows the instant reaction though from a big pool of votes.

Part I - A- / 20 points

Part II - B+ / 20 points

Part III (Conclusion) - B- / 20 points

Final - B+ / 40 points

(I + II + III + F)/100

+technical, subjective, objective.  can't find anything when googling how to grade or score movies.  

in the case of a horror film, there could be a strong B average 50% and then like 20% C, 15% D, 10% A, 5% F.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It is one of my favorite blockbusters of the year.

Oh, you liked/loved it? Well....that’s fun to hear. :insane:

But, but......why not rooting for it to get there instead? Isn’t it the point? scoobysaurus & Brainbug are feel more confident with it’s chances. So far it’s at $297M DOM. :ohmygod:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

Okay, I don't get it, why are you laughing at every post I'm making here @CJohn?

Monday it's total was 274.3

Tuesday:  11.9

Wed:  11.5

Thurs:  8

That puts it at 305.  So you think it's inconceivable for it to have a 30 million weekend?  You think a better number is 25 million?  You think Ant-man is going to cause a 60% decline?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Wait a minute.

I also thought it was supposed to

open under Incredibles 2 second  weekend and superhero movies were supposed to be number one every weekend until Mission Impossible or something 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Lol at being happy with 400m domestic. That’s over a 260 million drop. :hahaha:

Eh, when the original movie busts the frame so bigly, it doesn't make sense to hold the sequel to that same outrageous standard. E.g., "Empire Strikes Back" grossed about 64% DOM of what "Star Wars" did, about 55% if adjusted for inflation, but nodoby regarded it as a box office disappointment, it was a big smash hit that year, I remember it well.

Fallen Kingdom will have to do about $410m DOM to match that ratio.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Okay, I don't get it, why are you laughing at every post I'm making here @CJohn?

Monday it's total was 274.3

Tuesday:  11.9

Wed:  11.5

Thurs:  8

That puts it at 305.  So you think it's inconceivable for it to have a 30 million weekend?  You think a better number is 25 million?  You think Ant-man is going to cause a 60% decline?

I actually mistakenly put a laugh in one of your posts 😓

• Haha 1