WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I mean The First Purge could have made like $30M total and the whole franchise would have been a staggering success. 

People talk about how Ant-Man, a movie tied to the most successful movie universe, is doing the numbers it’s doing and yet movies like The Purge will always be ones to have me scratch my head. Not to say they’re not good movies or anything but the fact that the film makers have been able to drag out the concept into several successful films is insane all while making the movies with very little budgets too 

If it only made $30m there wouldn't have been a sequel.  The avg ad spend for wide release studio horror is $30-35m. 

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Still has Japan left as well.  Opens there next weekend.  It's going to clear 1.2 billion.  And if Japan increases from the first one, it might do 1.25 billion.

Japan as a mature market is more likely to decrease like the US and Europe than increase like the rest of Asia

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Pete's Dragon and Kubo  opening in mid to late August after a  summer of SLOP, Dory and even the feeble latest Ice Age with Miss Peregrines opening a  weekend later is more comp than Shaun The Sheep opening to $4m the first week of August and AM opening 9 weeks earlier.

Also HT2 had a summer of Minions and Dory hell even the small Pixels as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Japan as a mature market is more likely to decrease like the US and Europe than increase like the rest of Asia

I personally doubt it.  Japan, imo, like many Asian markets, will be good to JW.  Even if it were to stay flat from the original, 1.2 billion is done with ease.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Leave No Trace has a 92% Audience Score on RT and doesn't have lesbians spitting into each other's mouths so it will do better than Disobedience. 

i saw it the other day. such a great movie!

• Like 1