WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

6 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

Christopher Robin probably won't do that much, but it's in a PERFECT position to be a $250 million+ DOM surprise blockbuster.

• Last major family film until Grinch (House With Clock and Goosebumps have niche appeal, Smallfoot will likely do $50-70 million DOM like the other non-LEGO Movie-connected WAG films)
  • Breath of fresh air from SFX/action-based tentpoles

I think it being the last family film is more likely to benefit the next family film. 

A breath of fresh air for families who have already been to see Jurassic World and Incredibles 2 recently?

I would be less surprised if that misses $100m, rather than making $200m.

• Like 1

Given how cheap The Purge films are to make, another film must be in the works. 

Ocean's 8 has managed to outgross the last two Ocean's movies and it's still got some gas in the tank. It's a pity OS isn't stronger but I think WB will be happy with the numbers and I imagine they'll be considering Ocean's 9

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

28.6 weekend, 333.3 cume for JW2

66.4 away from 400.

Needs around 2.3x this weekend more. JW1 had added 2.8x the 3rd wekeend to it's cume.

Despite sequelitis 2.3x for JW2 should be achievable as loss of premium screens to Ant2 and strong ID weekdays might have deflated the weekend a little. If it ges close it is likely to get a push too.

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Something I really appreciate about this summer that isn't getting much attention is how well documentaries are doing.

Yeah, they are. RBG and Won't You Be My Neighbor? have seriously kicked ass. Whitney's looking to do alright numbers in comparison but obviously the other two are about much less depressing subjects.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, a2k said:

28.6 weekend, 333.3 cume for JW2

66.4 away from 400.

Needs around 2.3x this weekend more. JW1 had added 2.8x the 3rd wekeend to it's cume.

Despite sequelitis 2.3x for JW2 should be achievable as loss of premium screens to Ant2 and strong ID weekdays might have deflated the weekend a little. If it ges close it is likely to get a push too.

Not bad for a ‘disappointment!’ 😆 

Campea had a video on this the other day.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, they are. RBG and Won't You Be My Neighbor? have seriously kicked ass. Whitney's looking to do alright numbers in comparison but obviously the other two are about much less depressing subjects.

Three Identical Strangers isn't no slouch either, especially with this weekend's PTA hold. Will be fun to see if that film also crosses $10M.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Predictions for next weeks openers:

HT3: $47.8M OW

Skyscraper: $27.5M OW

I'm predicting $41M for Hotel Transylvania and $30M for Skyscraper.

Just now, baumer said:

It must of had a really shitty Saturday.

Or they're predicting a really bad Sunday.

• Like 2