WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

1 minute ago, andersonhoran said:

I mean for the leack of promoting because they were promoting Incredibles 2,and the delay in Europe also because of I2.

I mean I guess Disney just shouldn’t have advertised the biggest DOM animated movie of all time.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Delay in Europe has to do with this tiny thing called the World Cup. You may have heard of it but it’s relatively small.....similar to Ant-Man’s OW so I’m not sure if you have or not. 

Yeah,but AT&TW will come 1 month later there because Incredibles arrives first.

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Deadpool 2 - even without the holiday Monday Deadpool hadto really boost the hell out of its opening Monday - is having very similar legs to Deadpool. Infinity War had better legs than Ultron even with a much, much higher OW DOM. Ragnarok had better legs than Dark World also with a much bigger OW than Dark World. It's rare but can happen. Summer days really buoy legs. At least, usually. Now, time will tell with AMatW.

Iron Man 2 had worse legs than Iron Man, Age of Ultron had worse legs than Avengers, The Dark World had worse legs than Thor and Guardians 2 had worse legs than the first. I'm comparing sequels. Only part 2 that had comparable legs to the original was Winter Solider. Indeed we shall see what happens. As I said, I'm not ruling anything out but Ant-Man 2 will be another Winter Solider if that happens and it will be going against what happens 99% of the time.

• Like 1

Just now, andersonhoran said:

Yeah,but AT&TW will come 1 month later there because Incredibles arrives first.

It is because of the World Cup though, and a wise decision. Everyone in Europe at the moment is overjoyed and focused on football coming home.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, andersonhoran said:

Here in Brazil for example,it had no promotion. 

In other hand,Incredibles 2 was heavily promoted here.

Well I can't speak for Brazil, but that doesn't really have a bearing on the dom opening anyway

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

I mean I guess Disney just shouldn’t have advertised the biggest DOM animated movie of all time.

lol

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have promoted Incredibles 2.

I'm saying they put the films too close to each other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

not sure why a September release would hinder it?  did we not just have a 300M grosser there?  I doubt Nutcracker and Ralph would've overlapped, if anything they would've given it a boost with double features.

if Disney wanted more financial gain for both Christopher Robin and Ant-Man, then an early August date for Ant-Man and mid-September for Christopher Robin would've ensured both of them would do well.  putting Ant-Man so close to Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World definitely hurt it.

I don't see I2 having much  impact on AMATW. It's less of a factor than DP2 was to Solo on OW, and everyone rightfully mocked the claim that DP2 is why Solo bombed as ridiculous. You can also throw FK into that comparison, since FK+I2 this weekend are extremely similar in gross to IW+DP2 on Solo's OW. Early August would have forfeited more summer weekdays, which will be beneficial to AMATW. And I think any gain on OW would have been negligible at best, especially if Fallout does breakout. CR definitely would be hurt by moving from where it's at to mid September for the reasons I mentioned. So seems like a lose-lose to me. 

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Captain Marvel is going to be < Wonder Woman.

Wonder Women is a household name and Captain Marvel is literally who?

agreed. plus i doubt the movie will be better. the chemistry between gal and chris drove a lot of females to the theatre. does captain marvel have a love interest?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I don't know why you guys say an august release would have been better. This year august is full of possible hits

It sure looks like a great month in terms of quality that's for sure.

• Like 1