WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

7 minutes ago, a2k said:

I thought it would drop 55% so 53% is great for it Imo especially given that it lost its premium screens. Anyone who thinks this is missing $400M now is delusional 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

I thought it would drop 55% so 53% is great for it Imo especially given that it lost its premium screens. Anyone who thinks this is missing $400M now is delusional 

I think it will make it but thinking it won't isn't akin to thinking DP2 wouldn't hit $260m. :ph34r:

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I think it will make it but thinking it won't isn't akin to thinking DP2 wouldn't hit $260m. :ph34r:

I mean DP2 was this close to missing $260M. Fox is just lucky they have no other films out or else that movie would have been dropped weeks ago :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

That comment didn’t have anything to do with Marvel but everything to do with #OscarsSoWhite 

lol of course it did, or why did you bring up the #OscarSoWhite into the conversation? certainly to demonstrate, through a wacky comparison,  that the Academy is indeed is biased against someone/something and that change only came when people were loud about it, which led, in OscarSoWhite's case, to a diversification of the voting members. So, my sarcastic statement is just a logical conclusion of your line of thought.

21 minutes ago, Nova said:

Not delusional, just unlikely...but if it can't stem the +50% weekend drops (and both of those occurred in the "holiday week"), it might drop theaters faster as we have tons more summer films to open...and it could just miss (although I'm thinking, at worst, it will be close enough to get "The Rampage push" or "The Wrinkle in Time" push, but you just don't know absolutely yet)...but another family movie open (and a Rock action movie) isn't gonna help it this coming weekend, since they'll both go after the JW demo...again:)...

As far as speedy drops, I mean, every May movie was gone from one of my local 12s last weekend (and only a partial screen was left at the other).  Movies drop fast in the summer, especially the ones that start dropping faster as they go...that's why they need all those weekdays...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Goffe said:

lol of course it did, or why did you bring up the #OscarSoWhite into the conversation? certainly to demonstrate, through a wacky comparison,  that the Academy is indeed is biased against someone/something and that change only came when people were loud about it, which led, in OscarSoWhite's case, to a diversification of the voting members. So, my sarcastic statement is just a logical conclusion of your line of thought.

Umm no. My comment about them being out of touch has nothing to do with Marvel. It was made because someone several pages back was trying to be sarcastic and say how because the Academy doesn’t nominate CBM that means they’re out of touch but was making the comment to mock those who call The Academy out of touch, which they are, but they’re not out of touch because they dont nominate CBM( idk why you insist on mentioning Marvel as if they’re the only company who puts out CBM) they’re out of touch because they needed a hashtag to get going in order for them to be more exclusive to other groups of people particularly POC and women especially WOC.

Thus I don’t know why people continue to talk about the “worthiness” of a film, when it literally took a hashtag for them to make changes in regards to including minorities. 

Thats what my comment was about. If you want to tear a muscle by reaching and thinking that I would actually put Marvel movies in the same breadth of POC and woman getting recognition at The Academy Awards then that’s on you.  

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1