darthdevidem01

Friday Estimates (1:30PM Update) -- JC ($9.5-11m), Lorax ($9-9.5m)

Forums are running a little slow due to the changes... might be keeping the posting slow.

And JC doesn't look to be quite the disaster to end all disasters many of us were expecting (not that it's still not bombing hard). I for one was prepared to see like a $5m Friday estimate though.

Does what? $10m OD is still terrible for this film.

I was expecting less. It was saved by the good box office climate. Also with Silent House and A Thousand words doing around $10m each, it's turning out to be a good weekend. Edited by lab276

Prince of Persia made $10.2M. 10,000 B.C. took in $12.5M on its way to $35.9M. If $10M is the number, I'd say $32M looks likely. It'll be very interesting to see what it does tomorrow.Variety is saying "$28 to $32M for Carter and roughly $40M for Lorax."

Edited by RichWS

In the end, it looks like it's going to end up being another great weekend. The Lorax has a $40M second weekend and Carter doing better than expected. I know that doesn't do much for Disney's spirits, but perhaps the 2012 roll saved it from doing far less.

Edited by RichWS