sfran43

Wednesday's Numbers

AM&tW has been having crazy Tuesdays, but if you look at Mon-Wed it’s down 6% vs SMH down 9%. So, solid numbers, quite possibly headed for 210s.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Is this a fudge?

Or just a re-expansion? 

People seem to change their defintion of fudge depending on what film it is

Re-expansion! Its needs less than $95K to get to $700M. No need to fudge it to get there!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Is this a fudge?

Or just a re-expansion? 

It generally seems to be large AMC theaters picking it up for one show per day late at night. This is Disney’s way of trying to get it over 700M. When Sony was trying to get Spectre over 200, theaters only showed it once per day for one of Sony’s fudge attempts.

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Is this a fudge?

Or just a re-expansion? 

It is a fudge disguised as an expansion. BP is only showing once a day (around 10:30pm) at the AMC near me that is playing it this weekend.

4 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

@baumer I went and saw this. It was exactly what I thought but with more heart than I imagined. I dug the family dynamic and due to tuning the films marketing out didn't know Neve Campbell was his wife!!

I can't decide if I want B+ or A- as my grade. Must mull it over but I'm now rooting for this to find late summer legs. 

15 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Who would still go see Black Panther in the theater when it’s out to now on BLU RAY?

Few, that's why what largely will happen is some receipt money from I2 will find it's way to BP cause I2 is likely to hit $600m itself. And if that stalls just short they will take money from Christopher Robin to get it there.