Box Office Hit

M3GAN | Universal | January 6, 2023 | Profit of $78.8M

I would have been interesting in watching this movie if the RT score was around 60-85 range...a high RT score like 98 makes me think that this is going to be a straight forward movie without many twists and I am not usually interested in those kinda horror movies.

3 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

don't be so generous

Hah hah Brother Andr3s.. The wife and I liked it, but man definitely not the type of movie that I could recommend beyond a discount mantinee day.. Had some nice moments so its gets a decent pass from me.

If you liked the Kevin Bacon Invisible Man film, then will you proably like it. Now if fans expect a high caliber awesome horror sci-fi like the Fly 1986. or really decent breakthrough but zany horror film such as 

horror film like Fright Night, the lawnmower man,  Childs Play 1 and  2003s Underworld (Same director did Fright Night and Childs Play 1 btw) .. Well better pass on Megan lol.. That it aint! 😛

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

16 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hah hah Brother Andr3s.. The wife and I liked it, but man definitely not the type of movie that I could recommend beyond a discount mantinee day.. Had some nice moments so its gets a decent pass from me.

If you liked the Kevin Bacon Invisible Man film, then will you proably like it. Now if fans expect a high caliber awesome horror sci-fi like the Fly 1986. or really decent breakthrough but zany horror film such as 

horror film like Fright Night, the lawnmower man,  or Childs Play 1(Same director did Fright Night and Childs Play 1 btw) .. Well better pass on Megan lol.. That it aint! 😛

I don’t think much of M3gan’s target audience (young girls) would care for 80’s films tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t think much of M3gan’s target audience (young girls) would care for 80’s films tbh. 

Hi Krissy. Well the same young  female adults and teens watched childs play today and that why the saga hasnt died. Also were huge part of the Underworld franchise. 

:).. I think Megan is also aimed at Horror fans as well. Not just young girls and fans of sci fi. Hence why its released during Avatars Run :).. Trying to get spill over Krissy

18 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hi Krissy. Well the same young  female adults and teens watched childs play today and that why the saga hasnt died. Also were huge part of the Underworld franchise. 

:).. I think Megan is also aimed at Horror fans as well. Not just young girls and fans of sci fi. Hence why its released during Avatars Run :).. Trying to get spill over Krissy

Oh yes definitely horror fans, sci fans, but mainly targeted at younger girls. Young teens have had to see the family films over Xmas and new year, now there’s something they actually want to see themselves, and can go with their friends instead. I think that’s why there’s usually a horror film so early in the year. 

PG13 horror usually targets teen girls, the horror fans will come, but it’s the younger girls who can make it breakout. I’m sure Deadline said Universal are targeting females aged teen to 34, that demo. 

Avatar & M3gan will coexist, only problem is Avatar still having all of the PLF’s. Makes M3gan’s potential opening even more impressive though, as there will be very little surcharge boosts inflating the gross. 

• Like 1

The film is also very cleverly being targeted to a queer audience because of its campy nature. Every gay guy has seen the dance sequence and it’s been edited into RuPaul memes, etc.

This is a broad 360 marketing campaign. Teens, adults, sci-fi, horror. I wouldn’t be surprised if it beats all expectations. Especially with these glowing reviews.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PatrickvD said:

The film is also very cleverly being targeted to a queer audience because of its campy nature. Every gay guy has seen the dance sequence and it’s been edited into RuPaul memes, etc.

This is a broad 360 marketing campaign. Teens, adults, sci-fi, horror. I wouldn’t be surprised if it beats all expectations. Especially with these glowing reviews.

Definitely looking like it could pull off some numbers brother Patrick and sister Krissy.

Still alot of folks also want to finally see whats the hooplah with all this amazement and stellar WOM on Avatar 2, so this week will be interesting and indeed those who cant find a Way of Water 3D/4DX premium theater for the full experience at convient time, just may choose Megan instead.

Very interested to see if A2 can hit 50+M 4th weekend and if Megan cracks 22-25+M in. You could be right with that dance observation there brother Patrick btw.  Aah a little BO Office suprise in Jan and Feb besides A2 perhaps

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating