Eric is Quiet

Weekend Thread: Equalizer 2 pulls off an upset win over Mamma Mia 2 - 35.83M to 34.44M

Predictions for next weekend:

Mission: Impossible - Fallout: 60M

The Equalizer 2: 16.5M

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies: 16M

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: 14.5M

Hotel Transylvania 3: 11.5M

Ant-Man and the Wasp: 9M

Incredibles 2: 7.5M

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: 7.1M

Skyscraper: 4.5M

Blindspotting: 2M

Blindspotting had a gigantic drop on Saturday. IDK how wide Lionsgate plans on bringing it, but anything over 2M would be a win at this point.

Edited by WrathOfHan

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$13.1m from the U.K. for Mamma Mia 2. 

Looks like the UK once again is Mamma Mia! crazy. The other OS totals seem a bit low in comparison

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

This is the only way I would be interested in a Hamilton movie.

I think it'd be difficult to adapt as a movie anyway, it's very theatrical in its storytelling

• Like 1

So Sat was the deal breaker for Denzel to take this win.  "MM2" fell about 23% Sat and Sequelizer basically stayed flat at 5% drop.  Also don't lose track that it was R-rated too.

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

Looks like the UK once again is Mamma Mia! crazy. The other OS totals seem a bit low in comparison

I think it'd be difficult to adapt as a movie anyway, it's very theatrical in its storytelling

Maybe the movie will make people realize the play isn't all that :ph34r: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

damn. that would be disappointing. i trust your prediction tho

That would be higher than Rogue Nation and you would consider it disappointing? Most franchises up to their sixth installment would kill for those kinds of numbers.

• Like 1

Fallen Kingdom is going to easily glide past 400M, being at 383.9M total after an $11M weekend.

Incredibles 2 has now been outpacing Finding Dory for four weekends in a row, having better legs since the harder drop in the second weekend:

Weekend Drops:

——— FD ——— I2

W2: 46.0% — 56.0%

W3: 42.7% — 42.2%

W4: 50.2% — 38.8%

W5: 45.8% — 42.7%

W6: 35.9% — 29.2%

The same legs as Finding Dory from here on out gets Incredibles 2 to ~600M total domestic. 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

That would be higher than Rogue Nation and you would consider it disappointing? Most franchises up to their sixth installment would kill for those kinds of numbers.

yeah, but it's coming after two well received movies and reviews say this one is great too. I expected a bigger jump.