Box Office Hit

After | Aviron Pictures | April 12, 2019

https://deadline.com/2018/07/after-movie-anna-todd-release-date-aviron-pictures-deal-1202431754/

EXCLUSIVE: Aviron Pictures has acquired U.S. distribution rights to After, the movie adaptation of Anna Todd’s bestselling YA novels that started out on the fan-fiction website Wattpad. Josephine Langford and Hero Fiennes Tiffin star in the pic being directed by Jenny Gage; it started production last week in Atlanta. Aviron has set an April 12, 2019 release date.

After is a story of self-discovery and sexual awakening that centers on Tessa (Langford), a dedicated student, dutiful daughter and loyal girlfriend to her high school sweetheart as she enters her first semester in college. Her guarded world opens up when she meets the dark and mysterious Hardin Scott (Tiffin), a magnetic, brooding rebel who makes her question all she thought she knew about herself and what she wants out of life.

Susan McMartin (Mr. Church) wrote the script. Khadijha Red Thunder, Samuel Larsen, Shane Paul McGie, Inanna Sarkis, Pia Mia and Swen Temmel also star.

I write stories for Wattpad too so maybe if I continue to hone in my writing skill, one of my stories could be adapted in a film?

Well, none of my stories are fanfiction, so I doubt that'll happen to me.

It's crazy that fanfiction is so pervasive on the service that it's referred to directly as a fanfiction website. As an insider, that's definitely only half of it.

Edited by Slambros

Never heard of this until I saw it here. Looked it up. Even dared to read some excepts. Completely appalled and disgusted. A teen version of 50 Shades of Gray which isn't even written by a professional writer? And a movie studio has the gumption to actually take this project up! Wow! Good luck to them!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Never heard of this until I saw it here. Looked it up. Even dared to read some excepts. Completely appalled and disgusted. A teen version of 50 Shades of Gray which isn't even written by a professional writer? And a movie studio has the gumption to actually take this project up! Wow! Good luck to them!!!

I'm bracing to feel more of the same disgust at studio decisions in the future. The way half of all young writers are writing on sites like Wattpad, decency is soon to be cast aside in favor of more films like Fifty Shades. It really is appalling. 

Edited by Slambros