SteveJaros

Anyone else just get AMC Stubs A-List?

I might sign up for Sinemia when I move in January. Although I'll be seeing 90% of my movies at AMC because of the PLF benefits and the amount of screens they have (20), the theater doesn't get every single indie movie. If Sinemia's prices don't change this year, the two movie plan for $7 a month would probably be worth it. It'd also give me a bit of variety every so often and not limit me to a single theater.

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I might sign up for Sinemia when I move in January. Although I'll be seeing 90% of my movies at AMC because of the PLF benefits and the amount of screens they have (20), the theater doesn't get every single indie movie. If Sinemia's prices don't change this year, the two movie plan for $7 a month would probably be worth it. It'd also give me a bit of variety every so often and not limit me to a single theater.

If only regal would get with the times and start a subscription service

• Like 1

14 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Depending on how pricey your theaters are, you could probably get away with getting both A-List and Sinemia.  It'd add up to $34.  Where I am, that's only a little over the price of two tickets at an evening show. 

You know, I wonder when these clubs are going to start area pricing? Down where I live, near New Orleans, movie prices are pretty low - before noon at my AMC the standard shows are $5 with tax, and a matinee before 6 is $8.50 (I don't even bother to go at night so don't know what those prices are, LOL). 

When i visit my parents in Maryland near Washington DC, the respective prices are about $8.50 and $11.50. Yet if I understand correctly, A-List is $19.95 in both places,  a much better deal for people in the Washington area, as their 'break even' point for attending movies is much lower. 

Edited by SteveJaros

1 minute ago, SteveJaros said:

You know, I wonder when these clubs are going to start area pricing? Down where I live, near New Orleans, movie prices are pretty low - before noon at my AMC the standard shows are $5 with tax, and a matinee before 6 is $8.50 (I don't even bother to go at night so don't know what those prices are, LOL). 

When i visit my parents in Maryland near Washington DC, the respective prices are about $8.50 and $11.50 respectively. Yet if I understand correctly, A-List is $19.95 in both places,  a much better deal for people in the Washington area, as their 'break even' point for attending movies is much lower. 

I can see it happening in a year or so. Right now, they need to gain subscribers, so the $20 price point is fine, especially when a deal is in place with IMAX. Further price increases depend on whatever Regal does. I think they'll raise prices right before the next Avengers that way they can take advantage of new subscribers while giving early adopters a price increase in 2 months.

AMC has signed up more than 175,000 to its new subscription service, Stubs A-List, the exhibitor said on Tuesday. The theater chain announced the plan five weeks ago, and says the response has been far more enthusiastic than it anticipated. 

AMC had expected to have 500,000 signups by the end of June 2019 and 1 million by June 2020. This puts the company on track to exceed those goals.

• Like 2

It's a great deal ... I got my AMC A List at the beginning of July and used it to see Sicario 2, Incredibles 2, Ant Man & the Wasp & Mission: Impossible Fallout (2 times)

... tickets are only $7 now, as they kind of overpriced the market for years despite somewhat pedestrian theater standards/quality when it was Carmike (charging 11+ and 15 for Thursday night premieres), but essentially I got 35+ worth of tickets for $20, plus I save money at concessions in free beverage upgrades, no online fees, etc ... while building up for rewards.

I'd like to use it even more, but I get busy and can't always get to the theater.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 2

With Moviepass announcing a price boost to $15 a month today, and more crucially a virtual no-see on movies released to more than 1,000 theaters for the first two weeks of their run, I expect A-List to boom.

I mean, MP is now defining a "major" release as 1,000 screens? That IMO is a VERY low threshold. It basically excludes all new releases by the major studios.

Looking at Box Office Mojo right now, even a movie like The First Purge, a very modest hit that has been out for a month now, still has 1,400 screens. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 1

I may one day sign up for this but the AMC is not the closest theater I go to so it may not be worth it just yet.  Now if Regal had one, I'd already have signed up :P 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

With Moviepass announcing a price boost to $15 a month today, and more crucially a virtual no-see on movies released to more than 1,000 theaters for the first two weeks of their run, I expect A-List to boom.

I mean, MP is now defining a "major" release as 1,000 screens? That IMO is a VERY low threshold. It basically excludes all new releases by the major studios.

Looking at Box Office Mojo right now, even a movie like The First Purge, a very modest hit that has been out for a month now, still has 1,400 screens. 

It's cause they really want you to see Gotti no matter what those trolls behind a keyboard tell you.

19 minutes ago, 75Live said:

I may one day sign up for this but the AMC is not the closest theater I go to so it may not be worth it just yet.  Now if Regal had one, I'd already have signed up :P 

Same hopefully they are paying attention to A lists numbers and realizing how many people it’s attracting to their theaters 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm wondering if any of the Marcus Theaters are thinking about this. @YourMother the Edgelord

Idk but they did a $25 movie pass last year for the holidays where you could pay $5 a movie for five movies in any format on Sunday. I’d do the AMC stubs things but I don’t go to Mayfair that often and that’s the only AMC near me.

28 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Idk but they did a $25 movie pass last year for the holidays where you could pay $5 a movie for five movies in any format on Sunday. I’d do the AMC stubs things but I don’t go to Mayfair that often and that’s the only AMC near me.

I think it's the only AMC in town.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:17 AM, AdamKendall said:

It's a great deal ... I got my AMC A List at the beginning of July and used it to see Sicario 2, Incredibles 2, Ant Man & the Wasp & Mission: Impossible Fallout (2 times)

I got it this past Sunday, and I used up my 3 movies for the week - Mamma Mia, MI6 (IMAX), and Blindspotting - by yesterday. Since those movies would have cost $5, $5, and $10 (for the IMAX) at the time i saw them, that's my $20 A-List fee for the month right there, and we are only 4 days in to the month.

When I see Christopher Robin on Friday, which I've already reserved as part of my three movies for next week, I will officially be "in the black" for the month, having gotten more benefits than the cost of the subscription.

If you are going to join A-List, one thing to keep in mind is timing of joining. That's because while the month that your $19.95 fee applies to is unique to you (e.g., I joined on August 29th, so my next payment date is September 29th; if you join today your month would be August 2nd to September 2nd), an A-List "week" is not - everyone's week starts on Friday morning and runs through the following Thursday.

So, e.g., if you joined two days ago, on Tuesday July 31st, you'd have been able to see 3 movies between then through today, Thursday 8/2, and then on Friday August 3rd you'd get three more movies for August 3 through Thursday August 9th.  

So if you want to see Thursday night previews and the like as soon as you join, that might be something to consider. At least that's how it was explained to me when I called and asked about this. 

Edited by SteveJaros