YM!

DC League of Super Pets | Warner Animation Group | HE DOESN’T TAKE SIT FROM ANYONE | The Rock, Kevin Hart, Kate McKinnon, John Krasinski and KEANU REEVES as the GODDAMNED BATMAN | July 29 2022

15 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I guess critics say "OK this is nice if you want to entertain a 5 year old".

Are they?

I have only seen like half a dozen RT blurbs and the positive ones were indicating it's not outright obnoxious for adults (the way Minions might be) so that would be a shame if the fresh waves of reviews indicate otherwise.

I was hoping this would be a bit of harmless fun in the vein of the first Secret Life of Pets...

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

Are they?

I have only seen like half a dozen RT blurbs and the positive ones were indicating it's not outright obnoxious for adults (the way Minions might be) so that would be a shame if the fresh waves of reviews indicate otherwise.

I was hoping this would be a bit of harmless fun in the vein of the first Secret Life of Pets...

Secret Life of Pets is probably a good comparison.

You know how the sequel fell off more than half from the original?

This movie will make less than half of SLOP2.

I'm not saying the movie is obnoxious, I'm saying it looks like it's meant for 5 and under crowd.

30 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Secret Life of Pets is probably a good comparison.

You know how the sequel fell off more than half from the original?

This movie will make less than half of SLOP2.

I'm not saying the movie is obnoxious, I'm saying it looks like it's meant for 5 and under crowd.

Ya, I get that, but the reviews I've seen had the good 'ol "audiences of all ages will have something to enjoy" line. So was curious if the upcoming wave of reviews say it's all incredibly young-skewing (and thereby more likely something people will wait for on HBO Max/PVOD).

Edited by reddevil19

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

The reviews are OK... 81% with 21 reviews.

This just looks way too juvenile and I think that's why tracking is indicating a flop.

So all the stars like Rock, Reeve are there just to impress kids? 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:45 AM, cannastop said:

The reviews are OK... 81% with 21 reviews.

This just looks way too juvenile and I think that's why tracking is indicating a flop.

I wouldn’t say it’s going be a flop - just that expectations were set too high, likely due to the DC branding 

Looks to be a fine, but somewhat forgettable, run-of-the-mill animated feature, nothing more. That limits OW rush, but also implies it will likely leg out extremely well given lack of competition, probably topping Lightyear. 

3 minutes ago, M37 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s going be a flop - just that expectations were set too high, likely due to the DC branding 

Looks to be a fine, but somewhat forgettable, run-of-the-mill animated feature, nothing more. That limits OW rush, but also implies it will likely leg out extremely well given lack of competition, probably topping Lightyear. 

Pretty much my thoughts. We should be treating this as a Warner Animation Group movie first and foremost, not a DC movie. The LEGO Movie aside, none of WAG's movies have been major breakout hits. That's not to say they've been failures-- most of them have at least managed to earn back their budgets-- but they haven't had the massive staying power of Disney and DreamWorks. League of Super-Pets will likely be similar in that respect. 

Edited by El Squibbonator

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Is he the only one promoting the movie now? The final marketing push has been lacklustre for a decently review film that attached to a well known IP and voice cast. 

WB told him it’s either this or black adam for a marketing budget so he decided to do this himself. 

Edited by cax16

51 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Pretty great issue. The concept is pretty out there even for a comic book but it pulls it off really well.

It was like an old episode of Justice League Unlimited. It was a nice one-and-done.

49 minutes ago, Eric the Superdog said:

Wait...why isn't the kangaroo in the movie? That's wack!

Just remember, when anyone tells you that superhero movies are meant to be serious, Batman had a live-cow living with him in the Batcave for months... recently

JPw4NF6G0ANkF0Pdcw3cfLr88Ucwh0Q7i52P-V0Z

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Is he the only one promoting the movie now? The final marketing push has been lacklustre for a decently review film that attached to a well known IP and voice cast. 

The real question is....will Bad Blood (Taylor's Version) come out with this soundtrack in full? I'm not finding an official release on YT.

9 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This was really bad

Straight to video level

I think Dwayne and Hart recorded their sessions while on lunch break of other movies

WB Animation strikes again!!!