kayumanggi

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE | 185.3 M overseas ● 375.5 M worldwide

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

There is no way this movie is making 200 mil OS lol. It's going to make around 50-60 mil China and 50 mil OS without China (the movie grossed 5 million last weekend if you exclude China). Let's also say Japan gives another 10 million. Gives at total of 120-130 mil. It can gross 150 mil if Japan overperforms but 200 mil is impossible.

Domestic is much lower than Lego Batman at the same stage and the distance between both films seems to furthering apart (Lego Batman 12 day: 107 mil vs Spidee-verse 12 day: 73.7 mil)

The movie is only passing 300 mil if it over performs massively and that hasn't happened yet. Even the Chinese gross is middling.

Gross -China is 12M per DL. Mojo is wrong because there's no way that this thing did just 1 M outside of China last Weekend. 

And China is doing 60-70, biggest Hollywood animated Movie of the year, you call that middling?

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

The date for this film is fucked up. I'm avoiding threads and posts of this film like a plague because it's only released here in January 10th. Both Bumblebee and Spider-Verse fucked up not moving their dates. If anything, they should be afraid of Mary Poppins, if not Aquaman. I never saw the appeal of Mary Poppins, but  this film could have been SO MUCH MORE. Release it on February, on the black history month. Yes there are other animations on february, but at least it'd be less crowded. Also, GET AN WORLDWIDE RELEASE DATE. Oh well. 

Agree that the release date is bad, but this movie isn't big enough to justify a worldwide release date. If anything, it would have needed and even more staggered release to be able to breathe. Besides, Black History Month is not a thing in the rest of the world. 

8 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Gross -China is 12M per DL. Mojo is wrong because there's no way that this thing did just 1 M outside of China last Weekend. 

And China is doing 60-70, biggest Hollywood animated Movie of the year, you call that middling?

I'm using Box office report. They said the movie made 38 mil OS. 26.1 mil from China. 11.1 mil OS-C last weekend. I think I looked at the OS total for some other movie and said 5 mil instead. Still, this means that the movie will leg out to an extra 5 mil or so. Not enough come anywhere near 200 mil.

Also Spider-verse is looking at 50-60 mil China. It's going to be losing theatres fast with new local releases this weekend, Bumblebee the weekend after, and Aquaman reigning (it also got an extension which means it won't lose many screens).

Edited by lorddemaxus

56 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm using Box office report. They said the movie made 38 mil OS. 26.1 mil from China. 11.1 mil OS-C last weekend. I think I looked at the OS total for some other movie and said 5 mil instead. Still, this means that the movie will leg out to an extra 5 mil or so. Not enough come anywhere near 200 mil.

Also Spider-verse is looking at 50-60 mil China. It's going to be losing theatres fast with new local releases this weekend, Bumblebee the weekend after, and Aquaman reigning (it also got an extension which means it won't lose many screens).

Welp, apparently Spidy is getting destroyed by all the new releases so yeah 50M max. 

However, it still has markets left and I think Japan could do like 20M (Peter Rabbit did 10M and Spiderman is popular in Japan after all).   

26 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The movie deserve better result, i think the water-painting like animation style is not mainstream enough for international appeal.

I guess the movie can only got some oscar love in the end

Maybe, but I think the release date is the main culprit. The Grinch bombed even harder in many markets but had nice legs because there was nothing else. There's so much competition right now. 

Good opening day for Spiderverse in Peru (wasn't released in the biggest chain), for comparison Coco did 25.000 on OD on all the chains. 

(LOL for Mary Poppins tough) 

• Like 3

24K admissions on Thursday for Spiderverse in Perú, now on all the chains, almost the same as Coco. Since Christmas, it has done 57K. 

I think that this indicates that as far as LA is concerned, Sony just fucked up badly with the release dates. I would say to wait for Argentina and Brasil for confirmation but Sony is releasing this against Dragon Ball Super which is very very dumb... 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

So will it hit 200mil overseas or what?

Very possible: Is at 109,6. 

Mexico will ad 10M more. 

Italy 3-4 more 

China 16 more (current Maoyan projection, probably a bit more)

Brazil could do 10 

Japan could do 20 in March (Corpse thinks it can gross between 3 and 5 billion yen or 27-45 M USD, but let's be conservative)

Argentina could be 1-2 (It's summer but let's say it performs like Smallfoot) 

That would be 60M. 

Holdovers - China did 10-11M (being VERY generous with the small openers this weekend). Inflated by holidays so let's say they do just 2x this weekend, 22M.

That takes it to 191M OS. Most of the projections are relatively conservative so I think there's a good chance to hit 200M (Especially considering that it seems that China will be at 55M by January 1st.) 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 5:22 PM, Lucasmessi12 said:

$55M in China +$90m OS - China= $145m Overseas.

+

$180m Domestic

= $325m Worldwide.

Well, I'm already wrong cause Spiderverse   will pass $55m in China on Tuesday, I did not know NY holidays were so big....

Update.

$65m-$70m in China

+

$100m OS- China

= $170m OS. 

Edited by Lucasmessi12

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE

spidey-e1545417238117.jpg?w=301&h=202&cr
Sony

Sony’s latest Spidey snared another $27.4M overseas this weekend on 22K screens in 60 markets. The offshore cume swung past $100M for $109.6M with Brazil and Japan (a big webslinger hub) still on deck.

Mexico was new this weekend for a No. 2 start behind Aquaman with $4.7M. Other notable openings include Italy ($2.1M), Poland ($930K, with previews) and Central America ($790K).

The 2nd China frame added $8.5M in a crowded market to cume $45.4M so far. Elsewhere, the holiday holdovers were strong including upticks in Finland (+79%), the Netherlands (+51%), Belgium (+48%), Colombia (+41%), France (+35%), Germany (+31%) and the UK (+1%). Spain dipped 8% and Australia was off 29%.