aabattery

Weekend Thread | Asgard sneaks up on p.24 ~ H2018 28, ASIB 8.1, V 7.9 GB2 4.4,FM 3.7

I had a ton of fun with Venom. it was a great surprise. Critics didn't enjoy it, but audiences really embraced it. Period.

Halloween looks like a good movie too. Venom and Halloween are entirely different movies based on entirely different subjects and aimed at entirely different audiences. Jamie Lee Curtis's tweet is really uncalled for, imo. Unless she was just tweeting for the lulz, which may be possible or not.

Actors/professionals should stay out of that kind of discussion. What's the point of mentioning Venom? I mean, Halloween is getting huge numbers and it's already a sucess.  Both movies are performing very well, so Jamie should relax and enjoy her own sucess. ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

JLC: I'm gonna celebrate my movie's success and take a goofy, harmless little crack at Venom.

BOT: HOW DARE SHE BE MEAN TO VENOM. THE MEDIA IS TRYING TO KILL VENOM. CRITICS ARE EVIL. JLC SHOULD NEVER MAKE FUN OF FAMED AUTEUR RUBEN FLEISCHER'S VENOM ALKSDJF ALSKDHFGKGLHALSDKHG

I mean for God's sake, it's not like she wrote a five-page essay about how Tom Hardy is the devil. It was just her doing some goofy alliteration, having fun, and celebrating a movie she really likes in her own way. The insecurities people have here are really something.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 13
  • Haha 3

Saw the Old Man and the Gun yesterday. It was pretty good. Robert Redford should hopefully get an Oscar nod.

Seeing a late showing of Halloween tonight. Hoping to do a double feature of watching the original first then the new one.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Jamie Lee Curtis lost my respect with that tweet. It's one thing to say lets see if we can get the record but "vapid Venom"? really? Did he kick her puppy or something? Uncalled for. I don't recall the Venom cast&crew ever saying anything bad about Haloween or other movie for the matter. WB and ASIB cast didn't shit on Venom when ASIB was fighting for #1 with it. Gagabots are not official studio people so who cares.

Also, that sounds butthurt. She was irrelevant for decades (what was her last relevant movie, another Halloween or some bad Xmas comedy?) and now is back to relevancy thanks to 40 years old role. That gotta sting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

So, does anyone remember how many folks on these boards said we were looking at a "letdown October" after the September movie openers?  If this is a letdown, may the box office have letdowns like this every year.  One movie, First Man, is looking to be a letdown, but we've got 3 spectacular breakouts (Venom, ASIB, and Halloween) and we still have one more weekend to go (not expecting any surprises next weekend, but who knows?:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Venom looks awful but I'm not hurt by its success. The Transformers franchise is terrible but made money for years. Crap making money is nothing new.

Venom's success brings about two good things. It stops the comic book fatigue nonsense talk that always comes up despite no proof of it existing. And it once and for all kills DC fanboys theories about reviews destroying the Snyderverse. If the audience loved the Snyderverse they would have ignored the critics but the audience hated it just as much as the critics as proven by BvS dismal legs and JL poor opening because of the dislike of BvS. Now hopefully they can move on and accept that they like unpopular movies. 

3 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Not just that, she has also exposed herself to ridicule if her tweet fails. Overall a dumb tweet by an idiot actor 

Easy to say that in an internet forum. Now, lets say Jamie Lee Curtis is standing right before you. Would you still say that?

• Like 1

I'm sure Jamie Lee Curtis didn't even see Venom, or care whether it does well or not. She probably read about the race for the record between her film and this other very successful movie people are loving, and thought it would be fun to tweet that. Chill.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm sure Jamie Lee Curtis didn't even see Venom, or care whether it does well or not. She probably read about the race for the record between her film and this other very successful movie people are loving, and thought it would be fun to tweet that. Chill.

If she didn’t want the heat she would have stayed out the kitchen. We are just joking like her :Venom:

• Knock It Off 1