Eric Atreides

The Boy 2 l STX Entertainment l February 21, 2020 l Katie Holmes stars

https://deadline.com/2018/10/the-boy-2-katie-holmes-william-brent-bell-sequel-1202487911/

STXfilms has set Katie Holmes to star in The Boy 2, the sequel to director William Brent Bell’s 2016 horror thriller. Brent Bell is returning to helm and Stacey Menear returns to script the follow-up along with original producer Lakeshore Entertainment.

Shooting is set to start in January in Victoria, BC, after Brent Bell wraps up Separation, a horror thriller starring Rupert Friend that gets underway next month in New York.

Well, this adds a film to a July slate that isn't big on quantity, that much is for sure. Though this is coming out two weeks after STX's action film 17 Bridges, so the distributor's choice to put two of their films so close to each other is a little puzzling.

Edited by Slambros

Probably gonna be my only post this week as I'm trying to take a break from BOT, but this is actually filming (or was filming last week) in Victoria, and my friend sent me a snapchat of it cause she lives really close to the castle where filming took place. 

Pretty sure it's the same building as Xavier's mansion, but I'd have to double check. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Is this still coming out? Due out next month and there aren’t any posters or even a trailer yet.

It’s gonna be one of those films that goes straight to Amazon Prime but isn’t a Prime Original.

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is this movie still happening? No marketing, no trailer, nada.

After the bad reception that The Grudge got, is this one smelling like another stinker? The first movie was ok for what it was, so I'm curious about this one.

I was wondering about this too. I don't think this is coming out February 21, if at all. Assuming it doesn't, three out of four February weekends will have only a single wide release. Ditto for the last two weekends of March.

It sucks that all these films are falling off the schedule because studios just aren't doing anything with them. Just like The Informer.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 1:57 AM, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is this movie still happening? No marketing, no trailer, nada.

After the bad reception that The Grudge got, is this one smelling like another stinker? The first movie was ok for what it was, so I'm curious about this one.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:02 AM, JB33 said:

I was wondering about this too. I don't think this is coming out February 21, if at all. Assuming it doesn't, three out of four February weekends will have only a single wide release. Ditto for the last two weekends of March.

It sucks that all these films are falling off the schedule because studios just aren't doing anything with them. Just like The Informer.

Seems like at least OS it is happening, just like The Informer which releasing in its final batch of markets this month OS.

• Like 1