WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Do you actually believe jokes on YouTube about the song will make people not watch a movie? lol

Those are not jokes, many people are frustrated here as well. I can easily see someone being on the fence and then saying "Nah" after watching this from the general audience. Trailer quality matters, this reception won't help the movie.

Edited by Firepower

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

The movie looks great but the music choice...you have one of the most recognizable and beloved sountracks and decide to play a rap song. It's like putting a rap song on a Lord of the Rings / Star Wars movie trailer.

the original sound track has 200 million views on Yt

That is an aburd view count for a movie theme 

if they smart i hope they start using the themes in later promotion material. 

Edited by Torontofan

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Those are not jokes, many people are frustrated here as well. I can easily see someone being on the fence and then saying "Nah" after watching this from the general audience. Trailer quality matters.

I think being frustrated over a song that everyone knows won’t be on the movie is weird but fair i guess. 

Still think most people doesn’t really care about this when the actual scenes looks great.

• Like 2

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

I think being frustrated over a song that everyone knows won’t be on the movie is weird but fair i guess. 

Still think most people doesn’t really care about this when the actual scenes looks great.

yeah I think the movie will feature the nostalgia it seems the story is focused on connections to the first one.

So yeah 

• Like 1

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Perception is a weird thing, there are people who genuinely see it like rap music is gonna be in the movie itself or makes footage looks worse than it actually is.

I'm not sure if this will live up to the incredible highs of the original, but I'm here for everything I'm seeing! The sets, the costumes, the scenery chewing acting, the epic battles, whew. Very much excited for GladiWicked Weekend!

"No Church in the Wild" is a glaringly out-of-place music choice though. Yeah, Kanye is You're Trash Brock and all, but even aside from that, this isn't the kind of movie that needs a contemporary song in the marketing to achieve crossover appeal.

Posted (edited)

Oh my God, I just watched the trailer, THAT'S what people are freaking out about? Unbelievable.

The same people making these comments are the same people that tweet "Why can't we get a real band like Metallica??" every time they announce the Super Bowl halftime show. Though maybe it will impact the box office idk those people rule the country now so.

Edited by Cmasterclay

Yeh that music made me laugh a bit, I’m guessing that wasn’t the intention. 

The two brothers look properly evil and appropriately annoying. Mescal looks great.

It’s not my type of film though and I bet the runtime will be too long to risk it as a casual. 

This seems like a retelling of the first Gladiator which is fine if it is done well.  Inside Out 2 is going to be the biggest movie of the year, and it had the same story as the first with slight changes.

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Unless they save it for the second trailer, it is very disappointing to see they omitted zimmer score in the trailer. That is the prefect instrument to draw nostalgia. 

They probably won’t use it since Hans isn’t doing the score for this one. 

• Like 1

Just now, abracadabra1998 said:

Production design looks incredible, and you can tell there's gonna be some epic set pieces. Especially excited for that Coliseum ship sequence, that looks fucking amazing

Seems they actually spent 300  million then on random shitty cgi like most recent blockbusters

lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

They probably won’t use it since Hans isn’t doing the score for this one. 

That shouldn't be an issue at least from the copyright standpoint. Also, 90% of the people that recognize the score probably don't know Zimmer was the composer.

Looks great, just not the best trailer (editing/music), IMHO. But glad that it looks good (and expensive), and Denzel looks like he is totally in his element.

I think it's early to judge Pascal. His draw is not the typical charisma, if I may say so - it's about vulnerability. He can really make a moment of devastation - which I suspect he will have in this film. Denzel will bring the charisma. 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3

Thought Pascal looked like he was really going to bring it, my only issue with the trailer is that Quinn looked like he was doing "Joaquin but not near as good." Wasn't impressed in A Quiet Place (which I liked!), don't like Stranger Things......needless to say, I'm waiting to be convinced with this guy.