WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

Haven't some of you ever heard of "targeted marketing?" :lol:

Twisters/Deadpool make sense as attachments for this.

Except that WB and Disney are not going to do Paramount the favor of attaching it to Twister or Deadpool. That is reserved for one of those studios movies.

Now Paramount can release a trailer the same weekend that one of those movies opens in hoipes it will be shown with the movie., but that is NOT the same as being attached to the movie.

Notice how 95% of the time the last trailer you see in a theater is from the same studio that is releasing the main feature? That is what attachment means. 

I am skeptical about this because Historical epics simply are not that popular nowdays, it has been along time since the original, and doing a late sequel to a classic is always very iffy, but I think it is way too early to cal this a bomb. I agree that Paramount needs to start the marketing push damn soon.,,particlualty wiht the way this has gone over budget and the kind of gross it will require just to break even.

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

Except that WB and Disney are not going to do Paramount the favor of attaching it to Twister or Deadpool. That is reserved for one of those studios movies.

Now Paramount can release a trailer the same weekend that one of those movies opens in hoipes it will be shown with the movie., but that is NOT the same as being attached to the movie.

Notice how 95% of the time the last trailer you see in a theater is from the same studio that is releasing the main feature? That is what attachment means. 

Well I don't about that. When I watched The Fall Guy (Uni), they showed Furiosa (WB) and Bad boys (Sony) and there was no Twisters trailer (Uni)

Edited by cinema pal

I realized this movie's success depends on getting old fans of the first one in theaters, and most of them have ditched theaters in favor of Free Ad Supported TV streaming sites.  Since my dad fits that (he has seen two movies in theaters since the pandemic.  Both with his sons) I asked him.

He is clearly interested in seeing this in theaters.  When I told him about Napoleon, and asked if that decreased his interest he said no.  He said Napoleon is both a bad fit for Ridley and modern audiences.  He was fine with Russell Crowe not returning as long as it is another swords and sandals epic from the same director.  

It sounds like if the trailer is good this can get those old gen Xers/young boomers into theaters.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dudalb said:

All studios submit at least one movie for trailer attachment before each film, the movie selection depends on the target audience.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Speedorito said:

Seems like they’re going directly for the nostalgia angle right out of the gate instead of hyping up the new characters/story. Or the ghost of Maximus is in the film.

I be honest they play a trailer with the Gladiator theme and It will be get a ton of buzz from audiences.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torontofan said:

I be honest they play a trailer with the Gladiator theme and It will be get a ton of buzz from audiences.

That's what they are supposed to do if they want to lose 100 mln instead of 300, but they can always use Ye song and kill all the momentum and excitement it could have, real people are not selected Cinema Con buffoons who praise everything, trailer music matters.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1