WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

It’s a miracle, a Vanity Fair / EW first look of a movie doesn’t looks like shit 

Really hope this is visually gorgeous, Napoleon was ugly as fuck, people want gorgeous spectacle if we go by nearly all the huge movies since the pandemic 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s a miracle, a Vanity / EW Fair first look of a movie doesn’t looks like shit 

Really hope this is visually gorgeous, Napoleon was ugly as fuck, people want gorgeous spectacle if we go by nearly all the huge movies since the pandemic 

I'd argue Last Duel looked good though it didn't have the same scale.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Really hope this is visually gorgeous, Napoleon was ugly as fuck

Yep, and I remember people claiming Napoleon looked great visually, never understood that because there are TV shows that look better than this, it looked extremely gray, lifeless, digital and flat, the worst looking Ridley's epic, he dropped the ball where he was the best once and I hope this one looks signifcantly better, closer to his good work.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

I was told the movie has ridiculously late marketing start because they want to attach the trailer to Deadpool & Wolverine release. July 9 is not Deadpool & Wolverine release date, in fact it's not even next week after July 9.

It’ll still be attached to it, so doesn’t really make that much of a difference.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

It’ll still be attached to it, so doesn’t really make that much of a difference.

So the point is they could've released it late May, still attach it to D&W and turns out D&W had nothing to do with very late marketing start? Got it.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I’ve read the Vanity Fair piece which gives a good outline of the general story.  It sounds like a perfect idea for a follow up to be honest.  

I wish Zimmer was back as composer but Gregson-Williams is more than worthy. Bound to rework existing themes that are as iconic as anything in movies the past 25 years. 

Smile 2's trailer was released online two weeks ago and made its in-theater debut with A Quiet Place this past weekend. Moana 2's trailer was also released weeks before it was first shown on movie screens (with Inside Out 2). Just because a studio releases a trailer online doesn't mean it automatically appears on movie screens.

Reasonable to assume this is Paramount's attachment with Twisters, given the timing and potential audience overlap (the original Twister and Gladiator films being nearly or over quarter century old movies).

• Like 1