WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

14 minutes ago, Taylor89 said:

Paul's acting didn't move me but it was a good trailer..

Same, but to his credit, Quinn impressed me much more in this trailer than in the entirety of Day One, though I admit those performances are quite different, so I guess he has The Range.

As a whole I'm like "Wow this is really interesting looking."

• Like 1

This seems to be a more safe by the numbers movie rather making weird strange choices like Ridley did in Napoleon.

This seems more like a simple big blockbuster historical epic film. 

• Like 1

It looks pretty dam good and John Matheison back as DOP bringing those visuals but the editing is off a little and the music choice of course. Why? Oh well. It still looks epic and way better than Napoleon ever did. 

• Like 1

Nothing new under the sun here, but I'm glad it looks so good visually. Definitely looks like it can stand with the original. Can't help but get excited about anything featuring Rome as well.

• Like 1

Looks great, they were smart to focus so much on Denzel. Music choice is odd to say the least though, especially with Kanye’s current reputation.

Definitely looks like it brings the spectacle though, and seems much more palatable than Napoleon’s trailers were.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Torontofan said:

which emperor are they using?

I am assume Elgabus as the timelines would match up 

and he is known to be crazy and wild. 

Geta and Caracalla.

• Astonished 1

1 minute of chopped up rap music isn't a big deal.

My problem is with the star gladiator. He's no Russell Crowe in the charisma department. 

Denzel is going to have to carry this thing.

• Like 1

What is with this movie that is causing people on here to act so weird? Every week there's some weird axe to grind people find against it. I guess people moved on from the trailer release date to a new line? It's taken me from neutral/skeptical to wildly positive on the movie just because everybody is being so weird about it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The movie looks great but the music choice...you have one of the most recognizable and beloved sountracks and decide to play a rap song. It's like putting a rap song on a Lord of the Rings / Star Wars movie trailer.

• Thanks 2

So Ridley learned again that colors exists? Happy for him

Looks spectacular, should be a great IMAX experience. This have way more chances to succeed now simply because it looks great and entertaining 

Still cautious tho, but Napoleon this is not

43 minutes ago, Firepower said:

SIAihKK.png

Told ya.

I'm out of Maggie's 100 OW predictions which I always found ridiculous anyway.

Do you actually believe jokes on YouTube about the song will make people not watch a movie? lol

I do think 100M OW is a stretch but it feels like nearly everyone here on the thread is putting too much weight in this song

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Music aside, this trailer looks good. I'm not sure there's anything about this movie worth all the handwringing and drama it's inspired. It also seems well positioned to take advantage of the female skew of Wicked and Moana 2. I wouldn't be surprised to see this open higher than Wicked and take number 1 for that first weekend.

• Like 2