Kalo

2020 Box office discussion

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Hell no. WW will do 500M domestic and 1B WW    at least

No....

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I can’t see it, The Eternals seems like the bigger MCU film, thinking more Ant Man-Doctor Strange numbers.

Mulan has a small chance and if it weren’t for Disney’s greed, Aladdin would’ve owned 2020

Nah, after Endgame, Black Widow >>> Eternals dom, int, ww

Just now, Mulder said:

Yeah exactly but the name brand and premise alone of Batman fighting Superman was enough for it to be one of the biggest OWs of all time at the time it came out. If Godzilla vs Kong is good (And this is a bigger if then the other MonsterVerse movies considering Adam Wingard tbh) I see absolutely no reason it can't do incredibly well domestically and OS.

I agree it will do very well, I’m personally thinking $100M/$265M/$875M for GVK with a good chance at $1B and probably one of the 4 films this year with a great shot but I just think Onward has breakout potential, that’s just me being bold.

• Like 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Fast 9 will win OS and WW for sure. Domestic it would be Wondy 2. it will be the lowest grossing top film in years. Could we see an year without 400m domestic grosser.

Black Widow is doing $400m...

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

. Domestic it would be Wondy 2. it will be the lowest grossing top film in years. Could we see an year without 400m domestic grosser.

really....why are people underestimating WW2? It just doesn't make sense....this pessimism

1 minute ago, TMP said:

No....

Nah, after Endgame, Black Widow >>> Eternals dom, int, ww

It’s because of Endgame my numbers are low.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

oh shit. That's true

Minions 2 will have a big decrease DOM to prevent this imho.

Just now, Alli said:

GOD FORBID!!!!

don't doubt Marvel

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It’s because of Endgame my numbers are low.

Endgame leveled-up Black Widow as a character imo

I'm skeptical about WW1984 as the worldwide champion because the first movie's overseas numbers weren't anything too special, the domestic gross was around 50% of its total gross if I'm not mistaken. The other thing that makes me cautious is the untitled Pixar movie that opens two weeks afterwards, at least in the US. The first one ultimately didn't have particularly strong competition which enhanced its legs, so if this new Pixar film takes off it might hinder it.

Fast and Furious 9 will drop domestically from F8, but I'm not convinced it's going to drop off in other regions so much that it falls under a billion, and given how this weak 2020 looks I think it might just be enough to make it the #1 worldwide. If it turns out that they're going to space however, then hand them the title right away.

1 minute ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Christopher Nolan’s film could potentially blow up too. If an original show like Stranger Things blew up, then hopefully something original blows up in cinemas next year.

I totally forgot about it 😞

I am definitely betting on it breaking out. A Nolan Sci-fi movie similar to Inception and using Time Travel will explode.

Black Widow will be marketed well but I don’t see it being uber blockbuster. She does not have any powers. I doubt it will make more than 250m at best. I could see it miss 200m domestic. OS could do well ~ 500m

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I feel like Hobbs and Shaw this year will be a good indicator of how strong the F&F brand is post-F8. 

I feel Hobs will disappoint. it will not be the juggernaut some are expecting

Just now, Alli said:

i don't understand why Cruela and West side story are so close...wtf

West Side Story will almost certainly skew older. Plus, it remains to be seen if they see it as an awards contender, meaning a December limited bow and early January wide release.

Just now, filmlover said:

West Side Story will almost certainly skew older. Plus, it remains to be seen if they see it as an awards contender, meaning a December limited bow and early January wide release.

to me these two have the same audience. both movies star youngsters

7 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Christopher Nolan’s film could potentially blow up too. If an original show like Stranger Things blew up, then hopefully something original blows up in cinemas next year.

Robert Pattinson becoming an A-lister again after a string of incredible indie work would be awesome