Kalo

2020 Box office discussion

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Did Ant Man 2 blow up after IW? Besides Endgame is the reason why it won’t do insane.

Ant-Man 2 literally has no connection to IW whatsoever, beside that post-credit scene.

BW on the other hand, can have a huge bump after what happened in Endgame.

Edited by youcantseemyname

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Black Widow....

Also, Venom > 2 of the last 3 funnybook movies to hit a billion :Venom:

Dude, you're really convinced that Widow is gonna hit that high, but I seriously doubt it unless the movie is some form of continuation on what we've seen. Or audiences are really, really interested in it based on how fundamental she has been to the MCU. Otherwise, audiences will know that it's not really a relevant film to the MCU's arc besides information about a character whose backstory we kind of already know, so it's basically the Solo: A Star Wars Story of the MCU. And it doesn't have the female superhero appeal anymore after Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel. And the movie will probably be really similar to Red Sparrow, only more diled down in the extreme lengths.

@youcantseemyname What happened in EG, if anything, likely will prevent Widow from being something with that much of a "gotta see it in theaters" appeal.

@YourMother the Edgelord To be fair, Ant-Man 2 didn't blow up because it was unconnected to the grand scheme of things. It was promoted as its own little thing and it performed as its own little thing, built on the success of the 1st movie + extra exposure that the character got with his Civil War role. The fact that it was nothing else but its own little thing hurt it more than it helped. If it had been riddled with huge Infinity War/Endgame spoilers, like its end credit scene, wom would've gotten out and it would've grossed closer to 300 than 200, but alas, it still did well for what it was. Bigger increase from the 1st movie than Thor 1 to 2 DOM isn't too shabby, after all.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

6 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Minions 2 sub $200M?

Scoob O/U TLM2?

Scoob will likely be over TLM2 by a lot, I think WB will make sure to make it work given it's one of their best selling IP and CGI Scooby Doo is a new novelty that we haven't really seen before. 

19 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

She hit 1.1 billion because Marvel marketed her as an important character in Endgame and because Endgame released so closely. Also, people like space. 

Would have done 900 million+ without End Game imo

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

On this Ant-Man 2 discussion, one thing's for sure: Ant-Man 3 is going to hit at least Ragnarok numbers after Endgame. If there's a character who got a massive upgrade in popularity post-EG, it's gotta be him.

I agree.

My first predictions for WW Box office of 2020:

1. Fast and furious 9 - 950M
2. Wonder woman 2 - 905M
3. Bond 25 - 880M
4. Mulan - 860M
5. The eternals - 770M
6. Black widow - 720M

7. Venom 2 - 700M
8. Godzilla vs. Kong - 600M
9. Tenet - 530M
10. The new mutants - 480M
Birds of Prey - 360M
Dune - 300M

Edited by Safeno Rdz
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 9:18 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

On this Ant-Man 2 discussion, one thing's for sure: Ant-Man 3 is going to hit at least Ragnarok numbers after Endgame. If there's a character who got a massive upgrade in popularity post-EG, it's gotta be him.

If they raise the stakes and make it a little more serious I agree. Also just make it better. For me ant man 2 was worse than the first one.

Although I could see 750 if they stick to the same format.

1 hour ago, Safeno Rdz said:

My first predictions for WW Box office of 2020:

1. Fast and furious 9 - 950M
2. Wonder woman 2 - 905M
3. Bond 25 - 880M
4. Mulan - 860M
5. The eternals - 770M
6. Black widow - 720M

7. Venom 2 - 700M
8. Godzilla vs. Kong - 600M
9. Tenet - 530M
10. The new mutants - 480M
Birds of Prey - 360M
Dune - 300M

Don’t forget about Minions 2. 

...actually yeah, let’s all pretend it doesn’t exist for just a little while longer.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alli said:

WW1984 will  make at least 400M. I don't see FF9 touching that

He meant WW.

As for the WW crown probably Fast 9, weak DOM Of Bond 25 and Minions: The Rise Of Gru will prevent high heights. GVK is a major question mark and Onward might just have a chance.

• Like 1