Awake, Lone Star, Community, The Good Wife, Parenthood, Hannibal, Friday Night Lights. I'd argue that whether or not you liked Fringe late in it's run or not, it was pretty daring on what it did. Lost could also be another example. All main broadcast network shows that are smart, intelligent, and well-written. So the question is why aren't you supporting these shows?

Fringe was excellent early on, it was at its best with the stand alone episodes, but it fell into the trap that similar shows (like X-Files) always fall into when they start to abandon those episodes for long arc story lines about deep conspiracies. Those story lines always become too convoluted and nearly impossible  to end in a satisfying manner, not to mention casual viewers become lost, unlike the "beastie of the week" type of episodes.

Yeah bitch! We're number ONE.

About 18 percent of the AMC show’s pirated downloaded came from Australia, 14 percent from the U.S. and 9 percent from the United Kingdom

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2013/09/30/bad-downloads-breaking-finale-pirated-500k-times-in-12-hours/#ixzz2gQI91nC3

• Like 1

Fringe was excellent early on, it was at its best with the stand alone episodes, but it fell into the trap that similar shows (like X-Files) always fall into when they start to abandon those episodes for long arc story lines about deep conspiracies. Those story lines always become too convoluted and nearly impossible  to end in a satisfying manner.

It wasn't really that, it was more that the showrunners began to be a bit too clever in constructing story arcs and thought so highly of those arcs they casually discarded a fair amount of important stuff from earlier seasons.

Basically up until the Season 3 finale, Fringe was great. Then the cracks in the plot choices began showing. It was always entertaining and the characters were strong (though they fucked around with Olivia too much in Season 4), but I had lots of issues with the story the show told.

Jeff Wells opines on BB in classic Wellsian fashion:

I was never that interested in Breaking Bad because I felt (and still feel) that the inevitable violent consequences of dealing methamphetamine in New Mexico and particularly having to grapple with a demimonde of Latino low-lifes is…well, uninteresting. Scummy criminal-class types hold no fascination for the simple fact that they’re born to lose. I respect the poetry of Walt Whitman as much as the next guy, but I never cared very much for poor, cancer-afflicted Walter White (Bryan Cranston) because I couldn’t identify with or root for a guy who was toast from the get-go, and because I’ve always felt repelled by Cranston’s slit eyes and heavily lined, stressed-out features — I don’t see myself in him and I’d rather not see him in me. And I was always irked by Aaron Paul‘s tennis-ball haircut and almost-midget-like stature.

:rofl:

http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2013/09/bad-bullies/

• Like 3