Eric is Quiet

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

43 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Wouldn't be shocked if Spiderverse3 was that huge of an OW.  If keyser is accurate this could blow up to 140+. Another strong reception and finale could push the last film higher.

Mario is more of a trickier one. But I do agree without novelty factor it will probably drop. Still it is a candidate for sure.

Maybe avatar3 can do it but I don't think so. 2nd film behavior was very peculiar in that people were willing to see it further down the line as long as that meant better seats. Without more premium screens 3 will not go much higher and I don't think the number of premium screens will change much in the near future.

Only other film I see doing it in next few yrs is avengers. I don't even think any SW film has a shot at 200M ow in the near future.

Avatar 2 left off on more then part 1 did, can definitely see more of a fan rush for part 3.

Batman 2 will blow up like Spider-Verse, first film was very well received and has only gotten more popular since. 

Spider-Man 4 is marvels best shot IMO, don't see why Deadpool 3 would increase that much and I dont think Avengers 5 will be out for a while. 

Shrek 5 would crush $200M IMO, can do NWH numbers, hoping they got the TLW guys on this.

Star Wars would be lucky to cross $100M.

50 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Spider-Man 4 is marvels best shot IMO, don't see why Deadpool 3 would increase that much and I dont think Avengers 5 will be out for a while. 

Hugh Jackman, Deadpool joining the MCU etc rumors of camoes galore. Would be suprised if it´s not a signficant increase. Know if that´s  enough for 200M is a whole other story.  Don´t think Spidey 4 will do it, there´s only one way after NWH and it´s down. That said if Beyond The Spider-Verse stays as a 3-day weekend and does not move two days forward like Mario then honestly it could be that movie that does it.

Edited by thajdikt

1 hour ago, WorkingonaName said:

Avatar 2 left off on more then part 1 did, can definitely see more of a fan rush for part 3.

Batman 2 will blow up like Spider-Verse, first film was very well received and has only gotten more popular since. 

Shrek 5 would crush $200M IMO, can do NWH numbers, hoping they got the TLW guys on this.

Star Wars would be lucky to cross $100M.

The problem with Avatar like I said is that it's basically capped up by people's desire to see it the best they can. I am not sure we will see a change in behavior with people settling for worse seats when they have the whole christmas/new year period to see it. Maybe we will but I can also see a marginal OW increase into similar trend happening again. If people keep only wanting the best seats they can get for this it can only increase so much.

I don't think either bats2 or spidy4 do it.

Shrek5...maybe if it's absolutely amazing? Otherwise I really do not think so. But I will agree that nostalgia is really powerful at the BO right now.

Edited by JustLurking

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Secret Wars is not missing 200M unless Kang Dynasty completely shits the bed.

180M-199M would be phenomenal for an R-rated Deadpool 3, even if it's the Fox X-Men equivalent of No Way Home.

KD itself is a wildcard at this point considering there's a big ? over Majors' continued association with the MCU. Getting Loveness off writing duties was probably the right call even tho I thought Quantumania was nowhere as mid as Multiverse of Madness and Secret Wars still has Waldron, so...

Their projecting a villain as the lead of an Avengers movie itself shows how low their confidence is in the Kang Dynasty. I won't be surprised if KD goes down to its worst-case scenario, but its worst-case scenario will still be 10-20 million more than GOTG3's total.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

If this explodes in WOM and ends up doing 400+ DOM, I don’t see why the next one couldn’t clear 200 OW. Spidey 3s are known for their huge OWs after all. 

And no way it doesn’t get moved to the summer, especially with the writers strike. 

Doesn't Beyond release Good Friday in 2024? Similar to SMBM release date... That's actually a good release date. Likely to hold PLF screens for a while like SMBM did too. I would think it would stay especially since SMBM just blew up with the same release date.

2 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Hugh Jackman, Deadpool joining the MCU etc rumors of camoes galore. Would be suprised if it´s not a signficant increase. Know if that´s  enough for 200M is a whole other story.  Don´t think Spidey 4 will do it, there´s only one way after NWH and it´s down. That said if Beyond The Spider-Verse stays as a 3-day weekend and does not move two days forward like Mario then honestly it could be that movie that does it.

Spider-Man 4 could absolutely hit 200M+ OW DOM. I don't see anything close to what No Way Home did but that did 260M OW DOM and that was likely even deflated because of Covid raging then... Probably gets close to or clears 300M without Covid raging stateside December 2021.

I thought the first one was great but not as fantastic as some keep saying (like a A- (3,5/5) I guess)

But damn, this one...

So great that when the credits rolled, I thought it was a joke because I didn't see the 2 hours 20 minutes go by. I had completly lost track of time. Really well written, still visually impressive and so creative.

So only bad thing with it it is the fact it really is half of the story. Much more than it was for AIW tbh, made me think of POTC or Matrix 2/3 much more in this regards.

BRILLIANT! 

A+ (4,5/5)

Edited by Bastien
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

And btw, really want to see it again (I rarely see movie twice in theaters, the exception since Covid being EEAAO that I've seen three times). So this may be great for box office

Edited by Bastien

I don't know whether Disney has been able to make people excited about the MCU's current overarching storyline or not through Phase 4, but one thing I can say for sure is that they have made people most excited and hyped for Sony's Spider-Man franchise.

Have just seen this. I thought it's better than the first one, which I really didn't like as much as some people did.

I don't know what "stunning" animation people have been referring to, but to me, the most beautiful parts are actually those that didn't involve action scenes. Beautiful use of colors and lighting as well. There were some scenes here that made me question why they haven't been done in live-action. They looked amazing.

Moore and Steinfield gave amazing voice acting, especially Moore. Was just perfect, imo.

I also think it could have been shorter, but this probably is just nitpicking on my part.

9 / 10

• Heart 1