Eric the Fall Guy

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

13 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I hope not because that movie was trash

Yeah, any comparison to a Matrix film that's not the first one isn't a compliment. Fortunately, Spider-verse is really good.

Edited by Orestes

10 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I definitely feel they should have kept the original titles. They said it was because it's more its own story but.....ehhhhhhn

Part 1 title has been known box office poison for a solid decade. I’m shocked to see MI keep the title, and interested if it bucks the part 1 curse. 

25 minutes ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

Very solid but very part 1-y

I'd still say that the only part 1 that deserves to keep its own title is Infinity War (ASTV is still arguably as good if not better, just not as definitive or complete as IW)

Edited by Cheddar Please
  • Like 1

The vibe I was getting fron my screening after the movie was more in excitement for what's to come as opposed to disappointment of that it's clearly a Part One.

Fantastic movie much more complex and deeper than the first without being convoluted which not many movies succeed in.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I definitely feel they should have kept the original titles. They said it was because it's more its own story but.....ehhhhhhn

Yeah like, IW stands on its own way more but got dragged a lot for that change.  

Now I personally don’t really mind — this was fun and moving setup with characters that I like, I had a good time, I will wait for the rest of the story in 10 months and judge the full story then. But for people who insist that movies should be able to stand on their own narratively… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The vibe I was getting fron my screening after the movie was more in excitement for what's to come as opposed to disappointment of that it's clearly a Part One.

Fantastic movie much more complex and deeper than the first without being convoluted which not many movies succeed in.

I think they were verr up front about it beint Part One of a two part movie.

What upset people with the recent FF film was they were not really up front about it.