sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

6 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

My favorite thing about Vox Lux is the egdelords saying that it's the better A Star is Born. Nobody gives a shit about Vox Lux. It's reviews aren't even that good. It's shown up nowhere during awards season either. It's failed Oscarbait and nothing more. 

the only people who thought Vox Lux was Oscar bait was the distributor, I'd imagine. I have no idea why they rushed it for awards season when a decent marketing campaign attached to all the Oscar contenders could've made it to do Thoroughbreds numbers

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Work + college? Oh, buddy, and you think you will feel like going to the movies any time soon...

I'm currently unemployed. I quit my Walgreens job because one of my shift leads was a dick to me (management was bad in general; my manager didn't even work half the week) and I was fed up with the customers. I'm not doing any internships next semester (planning on a summer one tho), but if I have time/feel like it, maaaaybe I'll pick up a part time job for some extra cash. There's plenty of jobs on campus.

• Haha 1

Spider-Verse receiving at least a $35M OW will keep me at ease for the weekend. I absolutely understand that long legs are possible during the holidays, and I really want this film to be a big success.

In the meantime, it's exciting that The Favourite might be making the domestic top ten this weekend! It deserves more, but it should at least beat Green Book this weekend. That's the only film that could steal the #10 spot away at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm currently unemployed. I quit my Walgreens job because one of my shift leads was a dick to me (management was bad in general; my manager didn't even work half the week) and I was fed up with the customers. I'm not doing any internships next semester (planning on a summer one tho), but if I have time/feel like it, maaaaybe I'll pick up a part time job for some extra cash. There's plenty of jobs on campus.

in the words of Steve Martin's Jacques Clouseau, "good one."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

So you are back at living the good life. All college fun and no work.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Han will find a way to stress. It’s what he does. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

So you are back at living the good life. All college fun and no work.

Especially now that there will be other things in the mix :Venom: 

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

LMAO NO

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

must've stolen a hailee steinfeld bumblebee standee from a cinema.

1 minute ago, Premium George said:

We have to recast han and make another timeline if he gets a girlfriend. Rian Johnson again ruining a character.

Bah gawd these reactions

D6l8fu1.gif

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Can’t reply to the Aquaman thread for unknown reasons, but it’s not good at all.  Way too much going on visually to the point where it looks ugly, and its story is indistinguishable from any other superhero movie.  Oh well