sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Strong PTA for Beale Street. Lately, apart from The Favourite, the awards frontrunners haven't actually performed to expectations, so good for Barry Jenkins that his movie was an exception to that rule.

Yes pretty weird that none of the ward films are performing well but happy for the favorites and Beale streets.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Decent PTA for Beale Street, but I feel like it could have been  much stronger under a different distributor.

A24 definitely would’ve gotten it to much higher numbers than currently-in-shambles Annapurna. I keep forgetting that this one isn’t being released by them. You would think after Moonlight they would’ve given him anything to make whatever he wanted.

I forgot that Moonlight's OW PTA was over 100K, holy shit :rofl:  Beale Street made little more than half of that. Not so impressive in hindsight (but still good, all things considered).

If it weren't for the fact that it's gonna get purged after the 25th, The Grinch would have a case for 300M DOM. What a run. Meanwhile, Ralph 2 will struggle to make 200M. Illumination trolling Disney again, as per usual :sparta:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Lower than deadline's estimate

ME and Grinch are lower...maybe Saturday was family party day (we had a Christmas arts and crafts party and an adult game night, so not surprised other movie goers might have been busy, too:)...(Or they lost out to extra Aquaman showings:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

10 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The Grinch would have a case for 300M DOM. What a run. Meanwhile, Ralph 2 will struggle to make 200M. Illumination trolling Disney again, as per usual :sparta:

Even though Illumination’s films pale in quality I’m more than happy Disney has legitimate competition at the box office in the animation field.