AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

See you're not the only one who has pointed this travesty out.

The two monstrous blobs here have been given character one sheets in Brazil.

This is the shot I hate most. It's so ugly and so bad. Looks like a 1990s version of Ice Age.

It looks like there's some sort of haze in the air in that shot, perhaps obscuring their finer details.

I'm pretty confident they'll look a lot better in full context.

It looks like there's some sort of haze in the air in that shot, perhaps obscuring their finer details.

I'm pretty confident they'll look a lot better in full context.

Or they are probably child t-rexes, and friends of the green dino...not the big scary ones we are imagining them as.

Edited by a2k

Or they are probably child t-rexes, and friends of the green dino...not the big scary ones we are imagining them as.

Well, Sam Elliott is voicing one of them so I'm guessing he's supposed to be an adult.

EDIT: Actually there are three T-Rexes. Those must be the Paquin and Buckley characters.

Edited by tribefan695

Wow, so many positive reactions, I'm shocked.
For me it looks bland, uninteresting with one, literally one amazing shot. That with birds of course. It's beautiful.

But bad sides:
Extremally photorealistic enviroment, which I love, and goffy, rubber like characters, not only Dinosaur, but this human kid as well. They look completly 'stand out', like a characters from different movie. Contradiction with enviroment is strong, too strong for my tastes.
Voice of dinosaur sounds pretty lame too.
I don't "feel" this movie. This trailer didn't sold me that this will be an emotional, beautiful Pixar movie, like f.e. Wall-E was.

So, yeah, that's it. I'm mildly disappointed and uncertain about this movie. But I know that this was only a trailer of unfinished movie, and Pixar rarely has good traielrs. So this might turn out to be a real contender to Inside Outs' Oscar, but who knows.

• Like 1

I think Pixar knows what they're doing here. They wouldn't make such a stylistic choice as this just to be "cheap". This is the kind of trailer I always hoped they'd put out eventually, one that isn't reliant on out of context sight gags or one liners and just focuses on the inherent appeal of its drama and characters. If this trailer doesn't please you, no Pixar trailer ever will.

At least it felt like a little more thought went into the soundtrack choice this time. More than a Feeling and Sweet Emotion only worked for IO because the title is repeated a lot. With Crystals they edited the footage to complement the lyrics.

I'd like to say I'd be satisfied with an upper 7s average rating, but IO has set the bar too high. I mean, I probably would if I were reading RT in a vacuum, but you just know this forum would go ballistic if it "only" gets a 90%/8.0

The trailer is really underwhelming

Like most of Pixar's trailers

Yes, yes.

It's much worse though when the actual movie turns out underwhelming, which is exactly the case with most Pixars for me. :(

PS: Maybe my expectations are unreasonably high?

Edited by Despicable Shay