AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Ohh damn, I hope not this disaster will lead to layoffs. Alot of ambitious and hardworking animators/writers will lose their jobs if TGD will  be Pixars very first financial flop.

We can only pray for a miracle which is amazing WOM and holds. Sadly that's may not be the case.  

Edit: But still. I'm excited for this flick for the glorious backdrop and how Arlos and Spots relationship will fare. The quality may be at the Brave/MU-level, but I have to see it in January before I can judge if this flick deserve the Swedish seal of quality.  

Edited by SwedishFailturez

16 hours ago, damienroc said:

With all that said, Sanjay's Super Team is one of Pixar's best. I would love to see it extended out to a full feature. Hindu stories really do have comic book levels of awesome. That disk block moment was amazing with how it synced up the visuals and the music.

I didn't love the short only because I feel there was so much potential there and they only tapped into a fraction of it. So yeah, I would actually love to see a feature about it. 

6 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

You are saying this because you already saw how it turned out. No one saw the hype that would take it to record-breaking numbers.

No but a big hit was expected. Also the early buzz was great for inside out, claiming it to be another one of their masterpieces. TGD had none of that and it's trailer was no way near as captivating. 

52 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Doesn't seem to be inspiring the level of vitriol Lava did. I still don't know why so many flipped out over that one. It was dumb, harmless fun. 

Because "I want to be in lava with you" sounds like something one of the animator's pre-schoolers doodled and they decided to turn it into a whole short once they realized they still needed one to attach to IO

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Because "I want to be in lava with you" sounds like something one of the animator's pre-schoolers doodled and they decided to turn it into a whole short once they realized they still needed one to attach to IO

I thought it was ok. Nothing special. My Twitter feed acted like it a snuff film. 

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

I thought it was ok. Nothing special. My Twitter feed acted like it a snuff film. 

Well the easy on the eyes animation nullifies a little bit of the cringe factor. Take out the animation and you're left with a pretty awful short though. I remember my friend and I both turning to each other in unison in the theater and giving a serious "WTF is this" look about half way through it. It's for sure the silliest concept Pixar has ever come up with at least. 

Disappointing numbers for TGD. I wonder how it's doing worldwide. The movie didn't look good at all to me and I'm very easy to please when it comes to animation. Don't see any discussion of it on local Russian forums too, it's like nobody just gives a crap about TGD.

And hey, Lava is pretty cool. Fun, punny and chill song. The short had as much if not more creativity than IO itself. I don't get the hate for this short at all. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

What their next short will be based on

choo-choo-choose-you_14205450311.jpg