AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

On 11/21/2015, 2:10:44, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Speaking of epic scores, Michael and Jeff Danna's score for TGD is on spotify, and I gotta say, it might just sound as good as IO's.

https://play.spotify.com/album/1vpcrD92TVEye7Pq7m1LLd

I absolutely love it so far! It has a very interesting nature to it, and the instrumentation is unique.

• Like 1

Pixar has loyal fan base that will come for sure. That is why Cars 2 opened well despite horrible reviews. Brave did not have universal acclaim and still opened well. Reading the trade reviews it does not appears to be Cars 2 level movie. Most probably somewhere in mid 60's to mid 70's range RT %.

But I doubt its going to get anywhere close to IO. 250m is a good target for this.

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Pixar has loyal fan base that will come for sure. That is why Cars 2 opened well despite horrible reviews. Brave did not have universal acclaim and still opened well. Reading the trade reviews it does not appears to be Cars 2 level movie. Most probably somewhere in mid 60's to mid 70's range RT %.

But I doubt its going to get anywhere close to IO. 250m is a good target for this.

There are only 5 reviews. You can't possibly predict anything yet. 

Just now, CoolK said:

how is the latest tracking looking ? frozen's 93 in 5 days attainable??

It's in the 60's per Variety, but the tracking from earlier on BOB, had it at 78m for the 3 day weekend, around the same that Inside Out was tracking for at the time. Reviews are definitely not as good as IO, but, at the very least, it should do well over the holidays, since there isn't another children's film till Chipwrecked (YIKES!), and Peanuts unfortunately seems to have burned out so soon.

16 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

It's in the 60's per Variety, but the tracking from earlier on BOB, had it at 78m for the 3 day weekend, around the same that Inside Out was tracking for at the time. Reviews are definitely not as good as IO, but, at the very least, it should do well over the holidays, since there isn't another children's film till Chipwrecked (YIKES!), and Peanuts unfortunately seems to have burned out so soon.

tracking came down 100m 5 days couple of months ago to 60mn ??:ohmyzod:

anyway it just looks their prediction...i hope it cracks 15-20mn on wed

7 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'm not seeing much marketing for this, which isn't overly concerning but damn Inside Out was fucking everywhere in the weeks leading up to its release

I have seen so much heavy marketing from the film that right around the release of Inside Out I Hardly saw any marketing for that film sadly.

3 minutes ago, CoolK said:

tracking came down 100m 5 days couple of months ago to 60mn ??:ohmyzod:

anyway it just looks their prediction...i hope it cracks 15-20mn on wed

No, that's the predicted tracking, the other tracking was from another source that tends to be more correct. For example Variety and the likes were predicting 60m+ for Inside Out, when the other source was expecting it to open with around 78m+, and break-out.