AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Is there singing in the Japanese trailer?

Japan really loves trying to release hit songs with all their movies for some reason. :lol:

No, it's basically the teaser trailer with the firefly scene added on at the end.

It's funny looking back at this thread seeing how I was pretty skeptical about this at first. I guess it wasn't so much the "buddy template" that bothered me as it was the sense that it was going to be a rote odd couple shooting one-liners at each other that eventually learned to get along. But here it seems like a much more intimate dynamic. I'm definitely loving the new direction Sohn seems to be taking this.

Edited by tribefan695

No, it's basically the teaser trailer with the firefly scene added on at the end.

It's funny looking back at this thread seeing how I was pretty skeptical about this at first. I guess it wasn't so much the "buddy template" that bothered me as it was the sense that it was going to be a rote odd couple shooting one-liners at each other that eventually learned to get along. But here it seems like a much more intimate dynamic. I'm definitely loving the new direction Sohn seems to be taking this.

I actually hear it's quite emotional...like potentially to the detriment of its repeatability.

Plus...Peterson gets fired...Peter Sohn gets hired?

Coincidence?

I welcome a unique experience, regardless.

Though I do hope it didn't go too far with its Grave of the Fireflies influences.

My box office head says I hope you're right...my "omg Grave of the Fireflies is an amazing movie" head says...I hope you're very, very wrong.

On that note...I bought the Bluray but have yet to watch...so...you've inspired me...watching.

Edited by kowhite

just saw inside out since it just came out today in the UK. gotta say I really didn't like the short. In fact I think Pixar and Disney have been really off on their shorts game recently. Haven't liked one since the one before BRAVE. Why can't they be fun anymore? what's the deal with the short attached to this movie?

just saw inside out since it just came out today in the UK. gotta say I really didn't like the short. In fact I think Pixar and Disney have been really off on their shorts game recently. Haven't liked one since the one before BRAVE. Why can't they be fun anymore? what's the deal with the short attached to this movie?
You're not the first person to dislike Lava, though judging from the number of "aws" I heard in the theater during Feast I'd say Disney is doing fine. In any case, the short attached to this is supposed to be pretty awesome

What did you think of the actual movie?