Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

28 minutes ago, Maggie said:

we'll see. I don't wanna get my hopes up but i'm excited.

This guy gave it 3.5/5. he gave Barbie 4/5. If Barbie is that good, it's gonna kill Oppenheimer

https://letterboxd.com/yungrude/films/

This guy looks extremely unreliable from his ratings, if not outright insane (rating Venom higher than Joker and giving Alita: Battle Angle 1/10 is definitely something), I wouldn't put any trust in his opinion about anything.

Edited by Firepower

On 1/1/2023 at 4:50 PM, Macleod said:

Please don't call him "McQ."  It brings back bad memories of that other "director" called "McG" who of course is like a flea flying around in McQuarrie's face in terms of talent. 

It's also a really bad John Wayne movie.  😁

We have not heard much of that other director called McQ for some tiem...thank heavens.

And yeah, MC Q was a bad  John Wayne film in 1973. It was pretty much a "Dirty Harry" clone (quite a few of those came out after the Eastwood movie was a gigantic hit) and it, well, just sucked.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maggie said:

we'll see. I don't wanna get my hopes up but i'm excited.

This guy gave it 3.5/5. he gave Barbie 4/5. If Barbie is that good, it's gonna kill Oppenheimer

https://letterboxd.com/yungrude/films/

Wait, didn't the Barbie screening happen in NJ? Does that mean the MI7 screening did too if this guy saw both? Why are studios doing test screenings in NJ now?

30 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Wait, didn't the Barbie screening happen in NJ? Does that mean the MI7 screening did too if this guy saw both? Why are studios doing test screenings in NJ now?

Yeah. These two plus the new Jennifer Lawrence movie "no hard feelings" apparently all screened in NJ

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

I like Corden's show. He is a good host. I don't get the hate. He is very good at his job

Patrick Stewart called him fat at an award show and Corden insulted him back. After that the internet decided Corden was the worst person alive.

Edited by HesAPooka

I don't like how this is sandwiched between Indiana Jones and Oppenheimer. It will lose the PLF screens to Oppenheimer in its second week. ugh...can it move up a week? what do you guys think?

Edited by Maggie

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I don't like how this is sandwiched between Indiana Jones and Oppenheimer. It will lose the PLF screens to Oppenheimer in its second week. ugh...can it move up a week? what do you guys think?

Not sure if it will keep Dolby screens in the 2nd week or if Barbie or Oppenheimer will get. But I am assuming they don't want to move it up since Indy will likely hurt it more than Barbie/Oppenheimer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Founder / Operator

I imagine Nolan really prefers the current date, but shifting this back one week to where Marvels was dated seems like the best option IMHO. That puts two weeks between Indy and MI, then another two between MI and Op.

And this is the kind of movie that will play well even during the dog days of summer because of the target adult audience.

(And it still gets the movie out for Nolan's birthday weekend.)

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I imagine Nolan really prefers the current date, but shifting this back one week to where Marvels was dated seems like the best option IMHO. That puts two weeks between Indy and MI, then another two between MI and Op.

And this is the kind of movie that will play well even during the dog days of summer because of the target adult audience.

Yes, this sounds like the best solution. I hope it happens and Nolan is not too stubborn

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator
42 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I also just realized this is the MI thread, not Op... so to clarify, I was talking about moving Op. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3