Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

9 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$300m/$1b

I wish US peeps take the next 2 mission movies close to 400m at-least....love the way UK/Europe treats its agent (Bond)...wish USA too shows same love to its very own agent!!!

since the downfall in terms of Revenue during MI3....MI4 picked up very well...hoped MI5 would do better considering it had good WoM...but it fell a bit short...coming to MI6 growth was decent but not great though...inspite of churning out amazing set of last 3 movies...somehow MI series seems to be flat in its home market...

19 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I've seen the footage of both stunts in full and how they did them.  Tom Cruise is our greatest movie star of all time.  

The man deserves a 2022 Oscar for that...maybe someone should make up "greatest movie star of all time" and give him the honorary...

Mickey Rourke will be Mickey Rourke...never boring.  But unless you really think this interview will impact Mission Impossible's future grosses...one year from now...it's "irrelevant" to this thread, right?  

Edited by Macleod

How is Ethan Hunt the same as TJ Mackey? How is Maverick the same as Ron Kovic? How is Vincent from COLLATERAL the same as Jerry Maguire? How is Nathan Algren the same as Les Grossman? How is Lestat the same as Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg? How is Charlie Babbitt the same as Bill Harford?

More importantly, how is Jack from LEGEND the same as Jack from OBLIVION the same as Jack from JACK REACHER?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Mickey has a point. I love the MI series, but try some new things pls

lmfao i get that you love concern trolling tom cruise threads for some reason, but you're really making it obvious that you haven't seen any of his movies from before 2011 here. I don't see how his characters from Interview with a Vampire, Jerry Maguire, Eyes Wide Shut, Magnolia, Collateral and Minority Report are even close to the same lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maggie said:

No he doesn't have any point because clearly he doesn't know shit about Cruises carreer. 

Dude literally made movies in a lot of different genres across 3 decades, he only truly specialize in action blockbusters these past 10 years, and he is literally the best of his game so what's the problem?

Even talking about MI series, there's a very strong type of movies they developed along the years that didn't begin in 1996. The first MI have very little in common with Fallout both tonally and structurally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Probably a year away from release here as July 12th (12th of July for US folk) is a Wednesday next year. 

This is my most anticipated movie coming up, can't wait to see it on a massive screen with a bunch of friends even if it will come out in the middle of winter (it was a cold trip to see Thor Love and Thunder last week lol)

11 hours ago, Maggie said:

Mickey spoke like a total jealous douchebag. He made this statement just to make sure he stays in spotlight for a bit. 

TC wouldn't have reached this superstardom and maintained the same for 40yrs in Hollywood if he hadn't done something new! His acceptance is not among one section of audience...its much more than that

And read/listen beyond Twitter posts and headlines.  What Mickey actually says in the interview is that what Cruise does is "irrelevant...to me."  Meaning that Mickey's not interested in what Cruise does as "acting" style.  I'm sure each one of you has a contrary/controversial opinion about one matter or another relative to the cultural consensus.  Let Mickey be Mickey.  But I'm sure what Rourke says is equally "irrelevant" to Cruise and Mission: Impossible, of course!  

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

no way paramount got the 100m they wanted, probably a 1/3rd of that at most

Paramount is going to be sure that what happened with MI3 does oot happen here.

They gave Cruise such a good deal that in the end,, it cut deeply into their profits.

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Paramount is going to be sure that what happened with MI3 does oot happen here.

They gave Cruise such a good deal that in the end,, it cut deeply into their profits.

MI3 underperformed , but it came out at a time when dvd/rentals made almost as much as boxoffice