Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

what cruise is doing is simply ridiculous but I like this marketing technique. Builds up hype organically months before the release. If Chris Mcq has written a tight script like what he normally does, I have no doubt this will be the biggest MI movie domestic. WW depends on how strong $ is during its release and if china will allow it. 

• Like 3

Amazing stuff.  I'm convinced Cruise will be pulling a Harry Houdini for M:I8 and burying himself underground or underwater in chains and literally resurrecting himself.  (Oh wait, that was another movie...)  What else could top this???  Except Space...and he's doing that separately with Doug Liman

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

what cruise is doing is simply ridiculous but I like this marketing technique. Builds up hype organically months before the release. If Chris Mcq has written a tight script like what he normally does, I have no doubt this will be the biggest MI movie domestic. WW depends on how strong $ is during its release and if china will allow it. 

It's pretty wild how successful the stunt hyping has worked for the franchise the past decade+. But it does show fundamentally how much love and care goes into these movies. People really like them because they can feel they are extremely well made and considered, even if ultimately they are big dumb fun action movies!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

It's pretty wild how successful the stunt hyping has worked for the franchise the past decade+. But it does show fundamentally how much love and care goes into these movies. People really like them because they can feel they are extremely well made and considered, even if ultimately they are big dumb fun action movies!

Bingo. There is a strong sense of quality control when it comes to these movies. These aren't assembly line products.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Spot on about the marketing. I said in the tracking thread that what the box office still needs is better marketing from studios. Paramount putting out the first trailer a year ahead and continuing the marketing from there makes it feel like a big deal! Studios need to give people reasons to care about these movies and that starts with the studios themselves caring. Make your movies a big deal!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hatebox said:

That video's been shared by so many non-movie people on my twitter. Cruise is a walking marketing machine.

There's a reason Paramount confidently dropped the trailer a year in advance with Top Gun: Maverick at a time when studios are moving to short term blitz marketing. They know Tom Cruise projects can be event movies and marketed as a big deal.

Shared the stunt video with a bunch of friends and family and a lot of them actually called me or texted after, going "That's so cool" or "I loved Top Gun, can't wait to see this too!".

Tom impresses people, as do his projects.

Edited by Verrows