Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

Japan

F1-O06-QAa-QAIj-Xd-C.jpg

IMAX Premiere took place today at Grand Cinema Sunshine Ikebukuro (TGM No.1 IMAX/4DX location around the world) - WOM is extremely (+) ve from the screening - Officially opens on FRI &we have midnight screenings from THU starting straight from 24:00 

Will share PLF (especially IMAX) with Studio Ghibli's "How Do You Live?" that broke All-Time IMAX Opening record in Japan. PLF share will again continue with Toho's "Kingdom III" (7/28) &Paramount's "Transformers: Rise Of Beasts" (8/4)

Special Video Subtitles by Paramount Japan. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

looks like Twitter is not the audience for MI

I mean this is the problem when people present videos/gifs to purposefully mock something. This ignores Benji's character up to that point and also hes clear that he doesn't want to talk more about his clear love for Ethan and the crew. Hes clearly trying to get more involved and not just be the side guy. This is good character work in a couple of sentences that reveals more about him and his relationship to Ethan.

Anyway on the actual film I was slightly disappointed. It was very messy to me. The airport is supposed to be farcical but I actually found it lacked the energy to make that happen. The pick pocket trick was a call back but it was a bit much for me honestly. 

Entire train scene was brilliant. Love it. Felt ill watching it but loved it. 

I really like Gabriel as a character; hes proper scary, no the AI is not that powerful but him believing it is leads to a lot.

Ultimately for me am very excited for more, which is the point of a part one. I seriously suspect there is more going on in there that we haven't seen. Especially with Benji. I'm not sure Ethan got lucky vs Benji had some help from the oh so powerful.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:30 AM, Liiviig 1998 said:

Did anyone else find some of the dialogue kind of stilted esp in the first half of the film and really weird moments of humour than just didn't land esp around CIA team and the build up to jump .

Some awkward cuts in some of the action scenes. 

This movie had great moments but there were lots of rough edges, illsa plot is just jarring. This movie was nowhere as seamless as 4-6.

Shooting during covid clearly took it's  toll.

CIA scene is hilarious. Its clearly filmed in the UK when minimal actors can travel (in fact the whole film has an extraordinary limited number of actors in mixed scenes) and its all UK actors doing American accents except the one American who lives in the UK and is working on a show here!

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

looks like Twitter is not the audience for MI

2k likes doesn't even pass for viral these days i definitely seen tweets praising these movies with higher numbers. and literally every movie gets the "clipped out of context with someone saying "look at this stupid bullshit!"" treatment there. That's what 85% of film discussion on Twitter is.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

I mean this is the problem when people present videos/gifs to purposefully mock something. This ignores Benji's character up to that point and also hes clear that he doesn't want to talk more about his clear love for Ethan and the crew. Hes clearly trying to get more involved and not just be the side guy. This is good character work in a couple of sentences that reveals more about him and his relationship to Ethan.

You miss the real problem; the parody video was simply not funny. 

If it had been funny, the crap you talk about would not have mattered. You sounde like you just don;t want the MI movies made fun of; I could not disagree more.

My wife pointed out one plothole of the "CHarecter does stupid stuff" variety.

Spoiler

After Grace knocks out Alanna in th railway compatment, she just walks off. You think ,as an expereinced theif, she would have Bound and Gagged Allanna to be sure she was out of hte action.

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

Why do you expect Barbie to be poorly received by audiences?

I don't expect that, I am just saying, from what I am hearing, families probably might not have the right expectations going into the movie and that could be detrimental.

7 minutes ago, Austin said:

I don't expect that, I am just saying, from what I am hearing, families probably might not have the right expectations going into the movie and that could be detrimental.

Families take their kids to PG-13 movies all the time.