Eric Duncan

The Farewell l A24 l Awkwafina l RBG-approved

3 hours ago, MrPink said:

I would really like to see the grandmother get nominated for an Oscar, she was absolutely wonderful, in addition to Awkwafina

Saw this last weekend also and absolutely agree. I was really impressed and amazed at how universal the themes and characters in this movie were.

Phenomenonal film.  One of the first films I’ve tested up in quite a few years.

The ensemble overall is fantastic, and Awkwafina gives a terrific performance.  It’s a delicate and nuanced film, that hits home universal and relevant themes.

An A+ from me (Last time I gave one was 2017 I think)

Lulu Wang’s The Farewell is an incredible mature outlook on family tradition that is thought-provoking, relative, and most of all personal, which are the best attributes that makes a filmmaker an amazing storyteller while providing a star-turning performance by Awkwafina.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rjones1325 said:

Lulu Wang’s The Farewell is an incredible mature outlook on family tradition that is thought-provoking, relative, and most of all personal, which are the best attributes that makes a filmmaker an amazing storyteller while providing a star-turning performance by Awkwafina.

Nice. Sounds like Awkwafina is about to go big.

By the way, still the one negative review (out of 211 total reviews) on RT from Martha K. Baker of KDHX St. Louis. 99% RT score and 88% verified audience score.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/the-farewell-lulu-wang-awkwafina-china-release-oscars-1203451477/

‘The Farewell’ Gets New China Release Date

Awkwafina’s “The Farewell,” directed by Beijing-born Lulu Wang, is now scheduled to hit Chinese theaters Jan. 10, nearly two months after its originally announced release date and six months after its U.S. release.

• Like 1