sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimate | LEGO MOVIE 2 $8.5M | WHAT MEN WANT $6.6M | COLD PURSUIT $ 3.64M | THE PRODIGY $2.02M

11 minutes ago, Marathon said:

2019. Year of the pig. Also a year of box office disappointments (so far).

Alita is doing well in South Korea :sparta:

But its presales in Chile are so laughable that I'm tempted to do a Teen Titans Go to the Movies > Alita in Chile club in the international forums. 

• Like 2

Damn, just saw about Albert Finney's death :(

Big Fish is my all-time favourite movie, and his extremely subtle performance especially during the last act of the movie really brought together the emotional core. Great actor, rest in peace. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Nova said:

From Deadline: 

2nd Update, 12:36PM: Early midday numbers show Lego Movie 2 with an $11M opening day, estimated $40Mweekend, lower than the $50M-$55M expected, however this is a Saturday matinee movie, not a Friday night one. One report is seeing Lego Movie 2 below $40M, like at $35M. We’ll let you know if and when Bricksburg crumbles.

What Men Want: $7.8/$20M 

Cold Pursuit: $4.1M/$11.5M

The Prodigy: $6.5M for weekend 

Obviously, that was on board after $1.5mn previews.

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Lego 2 may actually go sub-300M WW if its OS doesn't at least match the underwhelming DOM numbers.

From 35-38mn OW, Domestic total shall be around 110-120mn. LEGO Batman made $136mn overseas, it will be Lucky to have that. Most likely Worldwide will end less than first one's domestic, around $240mn IMO.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

From 35-38mn OW, Domestic total shall be around 110-120mn. LEGO Batman made $136mn overseas, it will be Lucky to have that. Most likely Worldwide will end less than first one's domestic, around $240mn IMO.

Once... everything was awesome. Now, everything is BLEAK. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

That will be ridiculous. 🎶China🎶

Chile only, single country clubs are allowed in the international forums (but nobody does them). Of course Alita isn't going to do 60M WW.

But in Chile, it would be interesting. Ready Player One did 251k admissions and Teen Titans 232K. 

45 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That's what WB gets for not striking while the Iron was hot. And they diluted the brand before the sequel came out. There is nothing original about it now.

Keep in mind that Lego sold $4 billion worth of Lego toys last year. That's billion with a B. These movies are just small potatoes.

14 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Chile only, single country clubs are allowed in the international forums (but nobody does them). Of course Alita isn't going to do 60M WW.

But in Chile, it would be interesting. Ready Player One did 251k admissions and Teen Titans 232K. 

Ohh, I though you are saying Internationally Titans > Alita. That would have been absurd.

In regards of Chile, you have better say.

9 hours ago, TMP said:

I saw the trailer to What Men Want, and is there like some studio contract that directors have to sign that states all comedies must look like flat, ugly TV movies? Game Night and the Jump Street films are really the only exceptions I can think of for the last few years.

Game Night was overrated af for me personally (love the Jump Street films, though).

WMW looked pleasantly basic, but the reviews may have me reconsidering.