Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

me: "oh boy Alita was so good!  hopefully this means Hollywood will finally get on the right track with live action anime/manga adaptations!"

Hollywood: "Here's a remake of Your Name from the guy who made The Amazing Spider-Man."

I don’t want a Your Name remake. It shouldn’t happen. Period.

I do think The Amazing Spider-Man is the third best Spider-Man movie though.

13 minutes ago, TMP said:

Alita was... no good!

Marc Webb is like a less interesting version of Josh Trank; at least my boy Trank had the cajones to put himself in director jail through twitter. Marc Webb's still going picture to picture trying to be the biggest journeyman gun-for-hire around. 

Well, less interesting than Trank in a personal sort of way wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

Less interesting artistically would be a problem.

Looking a bit at the weeklies:    

Upside came in at 10M (spectacular -15%) for a 88.6 cume. Will breeze past 100M and settle 115-130 imo. Simply a phenomenal multiple, I didn’t see this coming at all and it’s the most impressive performance of the year so far.      

Glass with 8.5M is down 33% for a cume of 100M. I see this headed toward 115-120.     

Spiderverse at 4M, -33% for a 181M cume. Headed for low 190.   

Ralph breaks the internet had 450k, -51% for a 197.7 cume — but Disney is tripling its theaters this weekend. The push for 200 has begun, and I think it will be there by March 10.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

But he also did (500) Days of Summer, which seems like a much closer analogue than the ASM flicks. Not having seen Your Name (I know, I'll get around to it eventually), Webb's involvement doesn't necessarily sound like a bad choice if he has a solid script to work with.

I still got lingering affection for 500 Days but he's totally used up that goodwill and then some. Gifted is style-free middlebrow tripe and Only Living Boy was by all accounts even worse.

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t want a Your Name remake. It shouldn’t happen. Period.

I do think The Amazing Spider-Man is the third best Spider-Man movie though.

3rd best including, like, everything?

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I still got lingering affection for 500 Days but he's totally used up that goodwill and then some. Gifted is style-free middlebrow tripe and Only Living Boy was by all accounts even worse.

They should just put a picture of Marc Webb next to any definition of journeyman

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im just so afraid. AoT is not only my favourite anime, but also my favourite show period. And the thematic elements of the story demand a hard R Rating and nothing else. Its just ... i want to have faith in Muschietti and WB, but its really hard for me.

I was really glad that IT turned out as well as it did and it shows me that Muschietti is capable of doing of respecting the source material while also managing to streamline it into something watchable. If he’s able to put the same amount of care and effort into translating the source material to the big screen, I think we’ll be okay.

Attack on Titan is probably my favorite show as well. I think I play soundtrack almost on a daily basis that I can practically hum almost every song on a whim. :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I'm still holding out hope that (500) Days of Summer wasn't his one-hit wonder, but yes. I did at least like Gifted, but it felt like anyone could have directed it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Spiderman 3 was one of the most disappointing movies i had to sit through. Come to think of it, so was Shrek 3 and Pirates 3. May 2007 was the month of disappointing sequels.

Imo, Spidey 3 is too entertaining to be labeled a bad film. Emo Peter is pure gold. Pirates 3, though WAY too long and overstuffed, is also largely entertaining.

Fuck Shrek 3 though. Truly a turd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

At least it is better than The Amazing Spiderman 2. it has that going for it 😛

I would agree with this.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

If by everything you mean the 7 theatrical Spider-Man movies and Venom then yes.

I would not agree with this.

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I was really glad that IT turned out as well as it did and it shows me that Muschietti is capable of doing of respecting the source material while also managing to streamline it into something watchable. If he’s able to put the same amount of care and effort into translating the source material to the big screen, I think we’ll be okay.

Attack on Titan is probably my favorite show as well. I think I play soundtrack almost on a daily basis that I can practically hum almost every song on a whim. :ph34r:

It cures depressions.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

paranoia agent is my favourite anime show. anyone else here seen it? shit's good as hell. Satoshi Kon in general was the best the medium ever had to offer i think.

I've been meaning to get to that and his other films. I've seen Paprika though and that's great.