Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Thinking on jumping on the My Hero Academia bandwagon. Is it actually any good?

If you enjoy things like early days Bleach or Naruto then yeah. It's not like a ground breaking shonen like Hunter x Hunter is.

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

really wanted to make that joke, but I also didn't want any thread ban points 

like 60% of the warning points i've ever gotten were for "slandering" bryan singer with shitty jokes. though this was back when xmen apoc was coming out and people were still kinda in denial about it. WHATEVER.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Thinking on jumping on the My Hero Academia bandwagon. Is it actually any good?

Season 1 is solid. Season 2 is amazing and Season 3 is mostly very good.

Its a good shonen, if a tad bit overhyped. Nothing groundbreaking, but its definetly worth a watch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Season 1 is solid. Season 2 is amazing and Season 3 is mostly very good.

Its a good shonen, if a tad bit overhyped. Nothing groundbreaking, but its definetly worth a watch.

I'd argue that the first half of season 3 (on its own) is the best of all the seasons. The second half is still very good but it was just a tough act to follow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I'd argue that the first half of season 3 (on its own) is the best of all the seasons. The second half is still very good but it was just a tough act to follow.

Second half falls into bad Japanese conservatism hard which is a shame because the first half's very good.

Just now, Rorschach said:

Im a sucker for tournament arcs so i was destined to love the shit out of season 2. I agree that the first half of Season 3 is better than the 2nd.

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Yeah, I'll look into that.  

But while I do, can you please remind me what your official prediction was again please?

It's going to be interesting seeing the Cameron fanboys here try to spin how Alita is a huge box office success.......

Breaking even is about the best the film can hope for. And that is not a big success....

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

This is a sad weekend at the box office. The weekend the Jason Blum brand dies with an ultra bomb.

Also lmao at Alita. Jim loonies on suicide watch?

Edited by CJohn
  • Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's going to be interesting seeing the Cameron fanboys here try to spin how Alita is a huge box office success.......

Breaking even is about the best the film can hope for. And that is not a big success....

How did you spin Marry Poppins' underperformance? Oh wait, you disappeared...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

paranoia agent is my favourite anime show. anyone else here seen it? shit's good as hell. Satoshi Kon in general was the best the medium ever had to offer i think.

It's brilliant and Kon's death is such a huge loss. 

8 minutes ago, Elessar said:

How did you spin Marry Poppins' underperformance? Oh wait, you disappeared...

Had nothing to do with fanboys, my life just got very busy.

MPR underperformed and deserved to. It was a very disappointing film.