filmlover

Motherless Brooklyn | November 1 2019 | Warner Bros. | Directed by Edward Norton | Norton, Bruce Willis

3 hours ago, Eric! said:

Great trailer. Hopefully it counterprograms its way to box office success. I'm sure that's gonna be easier said than done because films like Harriet, Midway, and The Good Liar are aiming for roughly the same audience.

It'd be great if Gugu Mbatha-Raw could be in the running for Supporting Actress...

8 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

I'm sure that's gonna be easier said than done because films like Harriet, Midway, and The Good Liar are aiming for roughly the same audience.

And Ford v. Ferrari... and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, but I guess that's gonna bomb now that everyone's gonna #boycottSony :(

• Sad 1

Bad trailer but whatever, I hope this movie's still good. Ed Norton's such a good actor, I wish he wasn't "hard to work it" or whatever since it's been way too long since he's done something. Collateral Beauty was his only live-action role since Birdman.

So Norton is at first channeling his mentally challenged character from the score. Which I kind of think is pretty cool. As for the trailer I don't see what is so messy about it and it's definitely something I will see.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, cannastop said:

I really hope this this movie doesn't get savaged. The book is pretty beloved.

https://bookmarks.reviews/reviews/motherless-brooklyn/

57% after 35 reviews so far.  Hopefully it doesn't completely crater critically but whether it does or doesn't, it doesn't seem like this has much traction anyway. Will probably get lost in the shuffle between Terminator: Dark Fate and good holdover options (JokerMaleficent: Mistress of EvilZombieland: Double Tap).

Hoping I'm wrong though!

Will release in roughly 1,250 locations next Friday.

Here I thought films like The Sun is Also a Star and The Kitchen had low theatre counts for WB releases. It feels like this might have been better off opening platform, or at least limited, to start off.