filmlover

Best Supporting Actress Predictions 2019

Just now, Valonqar said:

Fixed. Love Margot but I'm stanning Taylor and think people sleep on her movie. It's seen and praised while Bombshell is still unknown.

Waves is gonna need to make somewhat of a splash for even Brown (who I'm currently predicting) to get in so asking for unknown Taylor Russell to get in is wishful thinking.

Robbie is having a great moment in the industry right now and it seems like she plays a bigger part in Bombshell than she does in OUATIH so I could see her showing up if the movie (which will be opening at exactly the right moment) gets at least solid reviews overall.

I was really hoping Thomasin McKenzie would gain traction for Jojo Rabbit; and who knows, maybe she still will gain traction; but the initial reviews of the film aren't doing her or ScarJo (for Jojo Rabbit) any favors...

I'll take a wait and see approach and watch how audiences embrace the film before declaring that McKenzie's chances are dead.

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

lmao i think it's the other way around. all the "basics" (aka oscar bloggers) go to telluride.

and Toronto! Most of bloggers are Toronto based anyway. :lol:

Waves impressed Venice but I agree it's likely going nowhere.

@filmlover if Bombshell is great and gives Margot stuff to do, agreed. 

@SLAM! Jojo reactions mostly praise the little boy as far as I could see.

Edited by Valonqar

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That's true; I've seen shoutouts to ScarJo and McKenzie here and there (which has to count for something), but most of the actor shoutouts go to the kid. Taika Waititi doesn't even get that many acting shoutouts...

12 hours ago, Valonqar said:

and Toronto! Most of bloggers are Toronto based anyway. :lol:

Waves impressed Venice but I agree it's likely going nowhere.

@filmlover if Bombshell is great and gives Margot stuff to do, agreed. 

Valonqar, it didn't play in Venice

• Haha 3

Streep's not happening for Little Women even if she's Streep. LOL, big fat no. 

Dern (reviews, due, THAT scene, movie is likely Picture nominee)

Lopez (reviews, boxoffice, everyone loves a comeback story)

Robbie for Bombshell (returning nominee, banner year with OUATIH, assuming reviews will be there)

Pugh (British push, boxoffice, assuming reviews will be there, movie a possible Picture nominee?)

Zhou (reviews, movie is likely Picture nominee)

If there is going to be a Supporting Actress push for Hustlers it should be Madeline Brewer, SO good and memorable, a true heat check performance. I guess STX would have to nominally campaign Palmer and Reinhart too, as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

JLo has leading lady stah screentime and should be pushed in Best Actress. Wu is really strong as well, if this goes Musical/Comedy at the Golden Globes, I can see them both getting nominated in lead there.

• Like 1