MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Well somewhere close to that at least. 

12M Sat

8M Sun

Just look at this weekend in 2017 and you'll get why? Absolutely most optimistic weekend result I can see would be something like

And that would make 33. Realistically though it will probably do lower on all 3 days and be ard 30 give or take 1M or something

Edited by JustLurking

I unironically thought this could make more than Oppenheimer worldwide as late as October.

When the trailer came out I predicted $750M.

Back in June I made multiple posts about how people were underestimating this film because the first one did well after Justice League.

Please point and laugh. 💀💀💀💀 

Edited by HummingLemon496

56 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I unironically thought this could make more than Oppenheimer worldwide as late as October.

When the trailer came out I predicted $750M.

Back in June I made multiple posts about how people were underestimating this film because the first one did well after Justice League.

Please point and laugh. 💀💀💀💀 

You’re really doing cartwheels around this film and it’s getting silly. 

Yesterday you had posts in this very thread asking another user if <$200m worldwide was a possibility. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You’re really doing cartwheels around this film and it’s getting silly. 

Yesterday you had posts in this very thread asking another user if <$200m worldwide was a possibility. 

So yes I underestimated it (it seemed to make a recovery with back loaded sales/walk ups)

So my posts back in June about how people were underestimating this film actually aged well. . .in a roundabout way I guess ;)

Edited by HummingLemon496

Even if it beats the projections by a little, the end remains the same: It will probably lose money for Warners; and best case, which is not likely, it barely breaks even.

A lot of people just don'r seem to want to accept that the GA has had it's fill of CBM's and are tired of them . Yes, a few. Spiderman NWH, Batman, and GOTG 3 will do well but most will struggle to break even. The days of the CBM as the dominant genre at the box office are over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Even if it beats the projections by a little, the end remains the same: It will probably lose money for Warners; and best case, which is not likely, it barely breaks even.

A lot of people just don'r seem to want to accept that the GA has had it's fill of CBM's and are tired of them . Yes, a few. Spiderman NWH, Batman, and GOTG 3 will do well but most will struggle to break even. The days of the CBM as the dominant genre at the box office are over.

I feel like you keep saying this over and over even though basically no one here disagrees with you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I honestly agree with this. 

It was entertaining as hell, probably gonna see it again.

Yeah; that is why you shouldn't really predict cinemascore and hope for a film to fail before you watch it?

It ended up being really fun and you realise a lot of hate for it is unwarranted..

• Like 1